Aggression is offline Member

Turkey with no bread?

Seeing that I am cutting, for my 10:30 am pro/fat meal everyday I was planning on having 2 tbsp. of natty peanut butter (to be eaten seperatly) and two slices of full fat cheddar cheese and 4 oz of sliced turkey breast with some pepper to spicen it up.

So basically I'm having a turkey sandwich with no bread. Does anyone else do this?

Also, this meal comes to 40 g pro/22 g of fat/8 g of carbs.
    Last edited by Aggression; 09-02-2004 at 04:02 AM.

sounds good, but if you're cutting you miiiiiight want to drop the PB and add flax cause of carbs. then obviously you'll have to prob add more turkey.

mfenske is offline Member
    Ever look in to low-carb tortillas? They have like 90 calories each. I think 5 grams carb total, 13 fiber, and 10ish protein. I love em'. Mark

Those low carb tortillas have more than 5 g of carbs. Not to mention they're made from soy which is a big no-no.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Those low carb tortillas have more than 5 g of carbs. Not to mention they're made from soy which is a big no-no.
    Ummmmm, not the ones I use.

Not sure which ones you have access to.

~SC~

What kind do you use? The ones I saw are made from soy and have alot of carbs in them.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    Ever look in to low-carb tortillas? They have like 90 calories each. I think 5 grams carb total, 13 fiber, and 10ish protein. I love em'. Mark
    Umm unless I'm reading this wrong then that would be impossible.... You can't have 5g Total Carbs with 13g Fiber since fiber is classified as a carb But you could have 18g total carbs, 13g fiber, and 5g Effective Carbs.

Either way, when you look at these remember that fiber has a negligable impact on blood sugar and needs to be subtracted from total carbs to determine EC.
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

mfenske is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doby48
    Umm unless I'm reading this wrong then that would be impossible.... You can't have 5g Total Carbs with 13g Fiber since fiber is classified as a carb But you could have 18g total carbs, 13g fiber, and 5g Effective Carbs.

Either way, when you look at these remember that fiber has a negligable impact on blood sugar and needs to be subtracted from total carbs to determine EC.
    Yeah I'm a doofus. Mark

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doby48

well low carb tortillas list the net carbs which dont include fiber.

Yeah, normally on the front of the package somewhere they do but not always. I have a package now that says low carb on the front but doesn't say how many EC, I have to look at the nutrition info and subtract it myself. So, I was just trying to make sure that everyone understood that since someone had said that low carb tortillas are still high in carbs.

So let me understand this, the low carb tortillas I bought says on the back that it has 14 g of carbs and 8 g of fiber. So it really only has 6 g of carbs right? Well, on the front of the package it says that it only has 5 g of net carbs.

I know I didn't get the math wrong.

Could someone explain this to me?

Actually the EC are:

Total Carbohydrates
    - Dietary Fiber
    - Sugar Alcohols
    - Gylcerine
    - Hydrogenated Starch Hydrolysate
    All Remaining Carbs = EC

It is likely that one of the last two items are in the tortillas as well, but they are not always listed clearly in terms of how much are in the items. So, just going based on Total carbs - (Fiber + Sugar Alcohols) for effective carbs is a good guideline to remeber.

Thread Information