xenithon is offline Member

Few quick Q's on PWO Dex

Hi All,

In case you didn't see my thread a week or so ago, I have just changed up from oats PWO to dex PWO to see how my body reacts. To ensure accurate results I will keep the carb amount to the same as I had with oats, so I get 40g protein from whey with 40g dex immediately PWO. It's just the 4th day so far and just a few quick questions I have about it.

1. Contrary to what I felt with oats, I actually feel more 'bloated' after the PWO shake. The only reason I could think of is that I get in more liquid (around 400ml) compared to the 100-200ml I got in with the oats. Or is it common with dex to feel a bit bloated?
    2. I feel a bit shaky around 40-50 minutes after the shake. I am guessing its from the obvious slin spike the oats didn't give. Is this normal or will it subside after a while?
    3. Does the PWO shake need to be IMMEDIATELY after the workout, ie. in my car, or is it ok to wait the 10-15 minutes it takes me to get home?
    4. Seeing as this is an experiment to see how I react and ensure there is no adipose storage/spillover from dex compared to the oats, how long do you guys think I should give it before seeing differences if any? 2-3 weeks enough?

Thanks a bunch,
    X

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    CAPS.......

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Hi All,

In case you didn't see my thread a week or so ago, I have just changed up from oats PWO to dex PWO to see how my body reacts. To ensure accurate results I will keep the carb amount to the same as I had with oats, so I get 40g protein from whey with 40g dex immediately PWO. It's just the 4th day so far and just a few quick questions I have about it.

1. Contrary to what I felt with oats, I actually feel more 'bloated' after the PWO shake.

TAKE YOUR TIME DRINKING IT, LIKE 15 MINS TO CONSUME. DON'T USE TOO MUCH WATER, JUST ENOUGH TO BLEND THE DEX/PRO. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE VERY SWEET, WHICH IS WHY YOU DRINK IT SLOWLY FOR ADEQUATE ABSORPTION, DON'T JUST DUNK IT ALL DOWN IN THE STOMACH AT ONCE........

2. I feel a bit shaky around 40-50 minutes after the shake.

YOU SHOULD BE GETTING READY TO EAT YOUR 2ND PWO MEAL HERE.

I am guessing its from the obvious slin spike the oats didn't give. Is this normal or will it subside after a while?

YES, AND IF YOU TAKE LONGER TO DRINK THE SHAKE IT WILL HELP.

3. Does the PWO shake need to be IMMEDIATELY after the workout, ie. in my car, or is it ok to wait the 10-15 minutes it takes me to get home?

I'D ONLY WAIT ABOUT 5 MINS........TAKE IT W/YOUR AND DRINK IT ON THE WAY HOME.

4. Seeing as this is an experiment to see how I react and ensure there is no adipose storage/spillover from dex compared to the oats, how long do you guys think I should give it before seeing differences if any? 2-3 weeks enough?

NOT REALLY. I'D DO AT LEAST A GOOD MONTH.

Thanks a bunch,
    X

xenithon is offline Member
    Hiya,

Thanks again for the super prompt reply. I was actually re-reading the PWO window article over at ABC-BB and saw they also suggest drinking the PWO shake over a 15-20 minute period. They also mention there ensuring enough water is ingested afterwards, something like a liter within the 45-60 minutes between shake and PPWO meal! About the shakes, hopefully its just this first week and also the fact that I downed it in 30 seconds that may be the problem But true as you said, it was while I was preparing my PPWO meal that I noticed it.

Will let you guys know in a month or so how it goes!
    X

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I had my pro/dex last night and had no bloating feeling at all, as said above though, i did not slam it and i had it finished in about 10-15 minutes.

Thread Information