Saam_ee is offline Junior Member

How much protein in eggwhites?

Can someone plz just tell me aprox how much protein an egg white or 100 grams of eggwhite contains? id really like to know that and im sure others would like t know to, ive tried to search but u get alot of answers on "eggs" =).
    and another quest. does the protein in eggs dissapear if u cook it?

cyflex is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Saam_ee
    Can someone plz just tell me aprox how much protein an egg white or 100 grams of eggwhite contains? id really like to know that and im sure others would like t know to, ive tried to search but u get alot of answers on "eggs" =).
    and another quest. does the protein in eggs dissapear if u cook it?
    A mid.egg..3.5g pro/0.5g carbs (in egg white)
    A big.egg(jumbo eggs).. 4g pro/0.5c

thanx cyflex. the last wuest, how much does a mid and bigg egg weigh?

xenithon is offline Member
    does the protein in eggs dissapear if u cook it?
    LOL! Man that made me laugh, gave me a good ab workout Sorry for bustin yer balls, just playin around though The answer - no. The protein will not 'disappear'. On the contrary, I believe that cooking eggwhite makes it a whole lot more bioavailable and useful for the human body as opposed to raw egg albumen (white).

In terms of how much protein, around 3g/eggwhite. 4g perhaps for REALLY BIGASS eggs. But depends where in the world you are though, while in the UK jumbo eggs I saw were fairly large but the ones here in SA were MASSIVE. So to be more accurate: eggwhite has 11g protein per 100g (according to nutritiondata dot com).

Night,
    X

thanx, xenithon. look my english sux, what i meant with "dissapear" is, will the protein
    vaporate or what ever it is u say.. hm will it be less protein in the cooked egg then in the raw, thats what i meant, sry for the confusion. but thanx anyway bro
    Last edited by Saam_ee; 08-31-2004 at 03:56 PM.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Nutrients dont disapear or evaporate when you cook something. That is steam (the gaseous form of water) coming out of the egg skillet. Water has no nutrients in it so youre in like flynn. Theres also the little matter of the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy.

diesel21 is offline Member
    not to get off the subject, but is it bad to eat raw egg whites? i think it is, but i've heard of people doing it a lot now...... i think it would be a good thing to mix in shakes..

Thread Information