diesel21 is offline Member

cholesterol and diet??????

ok, i've had high cholesterol 4eva... even when eating just lettuce.. this has been since i was like 8 yrs old.... anyway it has improved.... my question: if i'm following a cutting diet which worked well for me..... would it be better to limit the amount of good fat per meals? like 10 grams... or does 20 matter? I was thinking, if i have high cholesterol, and its in my blood, dosen't that act to slow down pro absorbtion and act the same way? or is that totally different and only happens when the food is being digested? basically, will good fat intake be the same for me, or would i need less?

weird ? but i have no where else to get that info
    thanx

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Just curious, what are your numbers?

Total Cholesterol
    HDL
    LDL
    VLDL
    Triglycerides

diesel21 is offline Member
    not sure right at the moment, but my total is like 280 (which is my lowest) and my bad, ldl was pretty border line, and my triglycerides went down a good amount... i'm getting another test done soon.... cutting carbs did help me a bit... but eating chicken, meat, tuna etc all has some chol.....

it really sux when bulking though, then thats when i'm really screwed!

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel21
    not sure right at the moment, but my total is like 280 (which is my lowest) and my bad, ldl was pretty border line, and my triglycerides went down a good amount... i'm getting another test done soon.... cutting carbs did help me a bit... but eating chicken, meat, tuna etc all has some chol.....

it really sux when bulking though, then thats when i'm really screwed!
    Do the research, dietary cholesterol has no effect on serum cholesterol.
    Reducing carbs will bring down triglyceride levels.
    Increased fat intake will raise total cholesterol plus HDL cholesterol. Many studies show that even with high total cholesterol levels, non-smokers with an HDL over 60 are practically heart attack and stroke proof, so the HDL is a very important number.

Thread Information