lpicken is offline Associate Member

Cutting diet and starvation?

I was just wondering what everybodies thoughts were on starving themselves while on a cutting diet. I understand that the basics of a cutting diet is burning off more calories than you take in-so does mean starving your self? Being hungry is something that I am not good at and I have sworn off all CNS stimulants. What do you guys do?

Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    starving yourself does not work. You will lose weight but most of it will be muscle mass that you are sacrificing and not bf. Plus you will kill your metabolism. When you drop your calories too drastically your body thinks it is in a time of famine and does what it can to hold onto as many calories as it can. You are better off to drop your calories slowly until you start to drop weight and maintain that calorie intake. If you stop losing weight, then you can drop it a little lower. You don't want to drop by more than 500 calories at a time. I would say drop in 200-300 calorie intervals.

lpicken is offline Associate Member
    Thanx. That makes alot of sense. I understand the body conservation theory but I have never heard to restrict calories slowly.

GrowingMuscle is offline Junior Member
    I am always starving during cutting cycles, and I eat every 3 hours!

By starving you mean not being totally full right? You are certainty not talking about fasting.

The”losing more muscle than fat” is complete BS.

You will lose muscle while cutting, it matters how much. If you want to be ripped fast, eat less, but you will sacrifice more muscle. If you want to get ripped in a 6 month streatch eat a little less, loose less muscle. It is a give and take. For me when summer comes it is time to get shredded FAST, I don’t mind losing more muscle because I look bigger and better ripped.

Bottom line bro, if you want to be ripped you have to muster up the discipline to be in the “state of hungry” all day long. Just keep your eyes on the reward. After awile it gets easyer, you just don’t think about it as much.

Eating big salids helps me get by.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    listen more so what zane said. Don't starve yourself. Just eat the right stuff at the right times along with cardio and you'll be fine. What are your stats? How much and quick are you looking to lose?

GrowingMuscle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambit24
    listen more so what zane said. Don't starve yourself. Just eat the right stuff at the right times along with cardio and you'll be fine. What are your stats? How much and quick are you looking to lose?
    Yes he will be fine but dropping 200 cal ant gona do shite.

Like I said, I eat whole food every 3 hours while on a cutting cycle and I am "starving" all day---but throw a eca stack in there and I don't feel "starving" all day.

By the way, the guy can't be talking about real starvation, just feeling hungry.

Tambit24 is offline Member
    ya, but if you slowly keep dropping 200 cals every so offen you will adapt.

Zanelike is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrowingMuscle
    Yes he will be fine but dropping 200 cal ant gona do shite.

Like I said, I eat whole food every 3 hours while on a cutting cycle and I am "starving" all day---but throw a eca stack in there and I don't feel "starving" all day.

By the way, the guy can't be talking about real starvation, just feeling hungry.
    You drop in smaller increments!!!!!!! Doing a drastic drop in calories will cause your metabolism to decrease drastically. If you drop a few hundred calories AT A TIME you will be able to keep your metabolism higher but still be able to drop weight without sacrificing muscle mass. He said STARVATION DIET so yes he was talking about starving himself not just feeling hungry

Thread Information