usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Do you guys make protein pancakes everyday like I do?

I mix a half of cup of oats with about 8 egg whites, toss in some cinnamon and stir it up real good in a bowl. I pour the entire mixture on a frying pan and let some fruit cook on top. I usually throw in some peaches or strawberries. Break them up into 4 large pancakes, pour some sugar free syrup on them and you got yourself one helva meal. If you haven''t already done so, try these babies out.

xenithon is offline Member
    Hi there,

I actually used to do that, but I found the taste/texture very weird and disconcerting (too egg-like). What I now do is scramble my eggwhites separately (or if I am too lazy just have egg protein instead) and then make the pancake with the oats and only 1-2 eggwhites. This gives it a much firmer, true-to-pancake like texture rather than a mix between pancake and eggs. In other words, just enough eggwhite to bind the oatmeal (75g of oats = 50g carbs = 2 avg size eggwhite). Give it a go, you may be pleasantly surprised

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I do...here's mine

1/2 oats
    4 egg whites
    scoop protein powder
    tbsp natty pb
    tbsp vanilla
    blend for 30 sec and make pancake gotta love em

kc - I would have done something similar to that, but firstly I wouldn't have the pb cause its a P/C meal so I would minimize the fat content (me personally) and also I always vote to have the protein powder separately as the cooking may denature it rendering it useless. What protein is it?

X

Hey guys, just wanted to ask something about these pancakes. I see many times people makes them by blending oats and egg whites. That would of course breakdown the oats somewhat (due to blending). Does this affect the GI enough to worry about first thing in the morning?

Thanks,
    X

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I just get some aunt jemima pancake mix, throw 2 50g scoops of protein powder in and stuff it in the waffle maker.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask something about these pancakes. I see many times people makes them by blending oats and egg whites. That would of course breakdown the oats somewhat (due to blending). Does this affect the GI enough to worry about first thing in the morning?

Thanks,
    X
    actually it transforms the oatmeal into glucose!

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    j/k bro....

dont sweat it, its not going to kill you.

i often blend a whey shake for am with 2 scoops whey, 3/4 cup oats, and 1 cup of fat free milk!!!

i missed milk while cutting

Thread Information