63190 is offline Anabolic Member

Question AM work out diet question for shift workers

I read the whole unofficial bulking sticky.

My question is, how do swing shift people use this guide for max gains?

I work from 3pm to 11:30pm and often go in a half hour early and leave an hour later for OT. So, that screws up when I can eat. Labor rules say I get a half hour lunch and two 15 min breaks. I guess I can eat then but how do I eat? Pro/Fat or Pro/Carb?

I work out in the morning. I get up at about 9 and eat a bowl of oatmeal. I guess I should mix in some protiene.
    Your plan lists:
    Meal 1: Pro/Carb, Meal 2: Pro/Fat, Meal 3: Pro/CarbMeal, 4: Pro/Fat, Workout, Meal 5: PWO Nutrition, Meal 6: PPWO, Meal 7: Pro/Fat, Meal 8: Before Bed
    How would I make this work for me? Just start with the meal before I work out at breakfast, lable it meal one and continue down the line relabeling? Making meal three meal 8 and meal four meal 1

My gym is only 24 hours three days a week. Should I just get up real late on those days and and hit the gym after work? Then Thursday sacrifice sleep and workout before going to Work?

What happens if I end up on grave yard shift? My AM cardio would be cardio when I woke up, then after work it would be AM weights at about 8 or 9 in the morning.

I also like to work OT on Satudays. I got up today at 10 and ate 1/2cup of egg beaters. I'm off to the gym at 12:30 for about two hours. After I get home, I'll eat, shower and head to work. Chicken sandwiches are a $1 right now. That's fried though. I was going to eat three for pwo and two more for dinner. I need serious help.

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    i work all 3 shift patterns(7-3,3-11,11-7) and all you have to do is juggle the meals around to accomidate whatever shift you are on.when i work 3-11 my meal plan is as follows
    7.00 pro/carb
    9.00 workout
    10.00 pwo
    11.00 ppwo
    1.30 pro/fat
    4.00 pro/carb
    6.30 pro/fat
    9.00 pro/fat
    11.15 pro/fat

Dude, if you went to sleep at 11:30 and slept until 6:30 that would only be 7 hours. Oh well. Thanks any way. Now I know what to do.
    Pro/Carb
    Workout
    PWO but what, gainer mix with in 15 min?
    PPWO but what, Pro/Carb? That's what I'm guessing since the next one is Pro/Fat.

Also, do you have to eat like that even on days you don't train? I don't have much of an appetite on off days. For me that's Thursdays and Sundays. Or when the gym is closed on national holidays like Today. I guess I'll go for an hour long walk after I wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Dude, if you went to sleep at 11:30 and slept until 6:30 that would only be 7 hours. Oh well. Thanks any way. Now I know what to do.
    Pro/Carb
    Workout
    PWO but what, gainer mix with in 15 min?
    PPWO but what, Pro/Carb? That's what I'm guessing since the next one is Pro/Fat.
    PWO dextrose and whey ratio 2:1
    PPWO lean protein source and slow acting carbs

Dextrose & whey 2:1. Would the dextrose in creatine supplement be enough and just mix in a lil' pure whey? Measure by grams? 'Cause the scoop in the Cell Tech is the same size as ON's 100% Pure Whey or smaller.

PPWO- Chicken/Turkey/Tuna on Whole Wheat and some lettuce, tomatos, black olives, purple onions, and cheese from Subway OK?

Dextrose & whey 2:1. Would the dextrose in creatine supplement be enough and just mix in a lil' pure whey? Measure by grams? 'Cause the scoop in the Cell Tech is the same size as ON's 100% Pure Whey or smaller.

PPWO- Chicken/Turkey/Tuna on Whole Wheat and some lettuce, tomatos, black olives, purple onions, and cheese from Subway OK?
    drop the cell tech bro and just buy some dextrose its cheap enough.
    i take 50gms whey with 100gms dex but you need to experiment to see what works best for you.
    i would go with the chicken breast or turkey breast and brown rice or sweet potato

Actual chunks of meat not sandwich slices, correct? I keep hearing great things about creatine from the medical peeps I talk to. Why is cell tech crap?

Aboot is offline Banned
    Actual chunks of meat not sandwich slices, correct? I keep hearing great things about creatine from the medical peeps I talk to. Why is cell tech crap?
    It's not "crap", just expensive.

Should I switch to ON's stuff or EAS? I mean, it's effective but exesive, then there ought to be cheap alternatives with the same resultant, right?

Thread Information