Thread: Steak question.

Lama2004 is offline New Member

Steak question.

Hello everyone,

Is Flank steak(Plate Skirt Steak, lean cuts) a good choice to add in my cut-up diet? I cook it in my barbeque to help reduce the fat...but I'm not sure if the type of steak I'am eating is ideal for my cut-up diet. Any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by Lama2004; 09-04-2004 at 08:39 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I eat steak all the time while cutting.

As long as your complete dietary plan of attack is on target, it's fine to include.

~SC~

eggplant is offline Member
    erm..i had some difficulties determining the amount of fats and proteins in beef..i sonsumed eye round steaks..but i there are so many kinds..eg.(1/3 trim..lean/fat) etc..all these kinda terms? i used calorieKing to help me calculate..but..just not sure if i'm using the one stated on the board? any ideas??

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Just buy lean cuts that you can get pretty good nutritional info from. You can get this information from your grocer's meat section.

Your measurements won't ever be totally spot on, but it's nothing to worry about if the rest of your diet is in order. It all balances out eventually.

I just eat NY strips..............fat and all, I don't care. The more fat I eat w/the meat, the leaner/harder I get. Weird, but that's how it works for me.

~SC~

eggplant is offline Member
    aight..tnx bro! well..i'll just stick to lean cuts of steak..i just can't get those fats down my throat..urgh..

Thread Information