Geebee is offline Junior Member

Is cardio not working for me ?

This morning I had my first ever cardio on an empty stomach. Because I didn't want to burn muscle I tried to stay in my target rate that is 114 (220 -57 [I'm old] x.7).
    First problem : I had to be very slow on the easiest gear, even that way, hardly moving, my heart rate was between 99 and 136, but most of the time above 124. It was changing all the time.
    Second problem : after 45 mn I had run 4.9 km, burnt 183.8 cal. with a speed between 4.7 and 5.5 km/h
    Third problem : before cardio my BG was 131 (pretty high) and after cardio it was ...131 !! No change. I suppose I didn't burn any fat, I didn't even burn sugar.

What would you advise me to do (don't tell me to see a doc, each time I see one of them he keeps telling me to stop T4, T3 and AAS). But my bf is 20.7 %, with all that and a diet .

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    well first make sure your diet is in order. second, give cardio more then one freggin day man. its working just fine i am sure though. try switching it up between the bike or the homogay eliptical

dcb

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    well first make sure your diet is in order. second, give cardio more then one freggin day man. its working just fine i am sure though. try switching it up between the bike or the homogay eliptical

dcb
    hey no knocking on the eliptical

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag

dcb
    ditto. its going to take longer than 1 day bro.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geebee
    . It was changing all the time.
    Try to reach a steady state with your HR in your Target Training Zone. This way oxygen supply = oxygen demand. You need oxygen present to oxidize fat.

But how can I get rid of fat with such ridiculous low speed (4.7 km/h). I hardly moved on that bike. I hardly used any calories. I know I'm not going to get it once but everytime I use a bike I reach my target training zone very quickly.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    There is fat burning cardio then there his HIIT.

Choose your poison.

~SC~

Well, all the bikes I have used showed I had a quick heart rate (including 2 checks in a hospital).
    I've just been told I could go till 130 or more providing I'm not out of breath, I won't burn muscle. Do you aggree with that ?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    First problem I can see is your watching everything too closely.....ease up a bit. Best thing I learned when i first started doing cardio on a regular basis was to not worry over vitals so much. Screw the BP thing, how many calories burned, distance covered and such. Set a timeframe...say 30 to 45 minutes per session. Next pay attention to breath rate exchange....if you can exercise and talk to the person on the other machine beside you with no problem then pick up the pace. If you can't say a word then slow the hell down, if you can talk a little but have to stop and catch your breath again before you can say something else then you're moving at a good rate. Last but not least give it more time to make an effect.......Rome wasn't built in a day.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggy'sTwat
    if you can exercise and talk to the person on the other machine beside you with no problem then pick up the pace. If you can't say a word then slow the hell down, if you can talk a little but have to stop and catch your breath again before you can say something else then you're moving at a good rate. Last but not least give it more time to make an effect.......Rome wasn't built in a day.
    Agree 100%.

I was always told that if you can talk to the person next to you without stopping for breath, then you should pick it up to the point you should have to stop mid sentence to take a breath. This was before i knew 75% heart rate bla bla bla....

I always went by that method until i found the nation that is Anabolic Review.

Thanks bros.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Your welcome......soooo....that'll be $23.12 and that includes tax already to save you the hassle. hahahahaha

Thread Information