Gundabad is offline New Member

Very New To This, Please Critique Diet!

Hey guys

I am very new to this whole dieting idea. I'm 6'2, 200 pounds, with about 17% bodyfat. I'm a college student, so needless to say I need to make my diet and protein consumption as cheap as possible. My goal is to burn fat off and become much more leaner than I am now. I would like to hit 200-250 grams of protein a day. Because of school, I will only be able to lift in the mornings around 10am, I plan on doing this 4 times a week. I read the sticky, and I am trying to customize it the best way I can. If I can be helped out it would be greatly appreciated

Day Starts

Cardio-( Is it ok to ride a exercise bike so i will be able to monitor my target heart rate) and how long do I stay in my target heart rate zone?

Meal 1:
    2 cups total protein cereal with milk, 1/2 cup oatmeal-39g Protein

Workout

Meal 2- PWO Nutrition 50 G protein Shake (this is what i don't understand, the sticky says to double your carb intake at this point, meaning 100 carbs, what would i be able to eat that are good carbs that would be able to give me 100?)

Meal 3:
    1 cup Veggies, 2 Chicken Breasts 41 G Protein

Meal 4:
    Protein Shake + can of tuna 40 G protein

Meal 5:
    1 cup Veggies, can of tuna, cup rice -32g Protein

Meal 6:
    Shake (Sticky says flax, what is it?) 26 g Protein

Once again I put together this diet by reading as much information as I could from this board. I would like to keep it as cheap as possible, if anyone has any advice or would make any changes please let me know.

Thanks a lot guys
    Dean

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    you have no fats in your diet hardly. . .i would re-read the sticky and check out some of the other diets around here that have been critiqued. there are many "poor college cutters" on here

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Additionally, if you are doing cardio first thing a.m., u cannot eat and then go to workout...........that is an assinine idea.

~SC~

Gundabad is offline New Member
    that's why I came to the board, I don't know any better, it would be possible for me to do my cardio at night, anyone have any ideas how to work an eating plan in with going to the gym around 10am?
    Thanks
    Dean

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    There are a few non-diet related questions i can answer for you.
    Cardio: Yes, a bike is fine.
    Duration: 40-60 minutes, it will vary some.
    Flax: It is an essential fatty acid. Buy the liquid that comes in a bottle. You should be able to get it at any health food store.
    PWO: The ratio is best taken in shake form (Whey & Dextrose). Then eat another PWO meal later. In case you ask, Dextrose is a simple sugar that causes an increase in blood glucose, which causes an insulin spike and the insulin shuttles the carbs (glucose) and protein into your muscles. The glucose replesnishes glycogen stores that you depleted while lifting, that is your energy. Hope this might help.

Thread Information