Thread: PWO Question.

Lama2004 is offline New Member

PWO Question.

Hello everyone,

I have a question/concern using Cell-Tech. I'am currently on my cut-up diet and use Cell-Tech for my Post Workout Meal (I know it isn't the best choice) until I recieve my delivery of Dextrose, so I can use Protein instead of the creatine used in the supplement Cell-Tech. My question/concern is would my results in cutting up be reduced if I continue to use Cell-Tech? I really don't have anything else to use until I recieve my delivery of Dextrose. Any advice or opinions are appreciated.

brian11 is offline Member
    you can still cut using it, and be effective, but cell-tech sucks IMO

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    you can still cut using it, and be effective, but cell-tech sucks IMO
    I dont know how you can say it sucks. It does provide many things needed for PWO. What you probably should have said was OVERPRICED. You could easily make Cell-Tech for about $15.

I heard Protein is better then Creatine for PWO...I'am not sure though ( My sources may be wrong). Thats why I came to more knowledgable people like you guys on the forums

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lama2004
    I heard Protein is better then Creatine for PWO...I'am not sure though ( My sources may be wrong). Thats why I came to more knowledgable people like you guys on the forums
    All Cell-Tech is, is flavoured creatine and dextrose. You can add your protein powder to it right now. I actually use a product similar to Cell-Tech (different company) because I get it for free. I just mix the powder with my protein powder. It's the exact same thing as using dextrose, creatine, no-sugar Kool Aid and protein powder.

I hope that cleared things up.

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Why dont you do both like everyone else? 2scoops of Cell tech to 2 scoops of protein will work well. hell you could even get Orange Cell tech and Orange Protein from Allthewhey.com and mix them together. Always shoot for 2:1 ratio of simple carbs to protein. I do 85g Carb/50g Pro

Why dont you do both like everyone else? 2scoops of Cell tech to 2 scoops of protein will work well. hell you could even get Orange Cell tech and Orange Protein from Allthewhey.com and mix them together. Always shoot for 2:1 ratio of simple carbs to protein. I do 85g Carb/50g Pro

So it wouldn't hurt to add Whey protein to the Cell-Tech? I heard that Protein and Creatine mixed together is bad because their individual effects get reduced when they are bolth mixed together.

Aboot is offline Banned
    So it wouldn't hurt to add Whey protein to the Cell-Tech? I heard that Protein and Creatine mixed together is bad because their individual effects get reduced when they are bolth mixed together.
    Nope, they won't effect each other negatively at all.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    Nope, they won't effect each other negatively at all.
    Actually some will tell you that they fight each other for the ability to be shuttled to the muscles. As for me, I dont know and I dont care, I'm not using creatine right now.

Aboot is offline Banned
    [QUOTE=brian11]Actually some will tell you that they fight each other for the ability to be shuttled to the muscles. QUOTE]

And those people are wrong.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Here's part of an article from thinkmuscle.com that explains it further:

The Creatine Factor
    By Rehan Jalali

Creatine is one of the most widely used and effective supplements on the market today. It has been shown in many clinical studies to enhance lean body mass, increase strength, enhance energy levels, and increase muscle size. Some newer research on creatine indicates that combining creatine with protein and carbohydrates is as effective for stimulating creatine uptake and retention in the muscle tissue as taking creatine with carbohydrates alone. Stimulating insulin release has been shown to enhance the transport and uptake of creatine into the muscle tissue where it is used to support the reproduction of ATP (energy) and enhance cell volume as well as possibly buffer lactic acid. The study entitled "Protein and carbohydrate-induced augmentation of whole body creatine retention in humans" was published in the September 2000 issue of the Journal of Applied Physiology (1) and showed that consuming 50 grams of protein and 47 grams of carbohydrates with creatine was equally as effective in terms of creatine absorption and retention as consuming 96 grams of carbohydrates alone with creatine. So the creatine, protein, and carbohydrate combination actually makes for a great post workout drink mix to enhance recovery and help prevent muscle breakdown secondary to weight training.

You can find the whole article (it's pretty short), along with references here:

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...ine-factor.htm

Thread Information