eggplant is offline Member

necessary to be so precise????

i just finished my bottle of flax oil...been pretty busy to go pick up some new ones..so i've been supplementing my diet with olive oil and almonds..and so i realised i've been taking in mostly omega 6's..was just wondering if it was unhealthy to get most fats from omega 6? i read that too much of omega 6 causes inflammation(not sure what kind) and increases risks of cancer..and i've realised more people recommends fish oils..and it's getting pretty confusing right now..how much of each fats should one take?? i've been looking for udo's oil..but can't find any in the stores..so is it really so important to be so precise in balancing the amounts of the differents omegas?? please shed some light on this?? thanks for any replies...

Rusty_Needles is offline New Member
    Don't lose sleep over it....

....just make sure you're getting your healthy fats' in - and to take it within reasonable moderation (calories will be too high). I'm yet to meet a person who O.D'd on Omega 6 and suffered adverse health because of it.

Just eat a balanced diet (including fats) and don't worry about it.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    It is good to switch it up, indeed, but I'd not lose sleep over it if you don't.

~SC~

well...i switch them up every now and then..but i suppose i'ld start pulling my hair if i am that precise...tnx!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I have begun switching up my fat sources between, Natty PB, Flax, Almonds.

i just got a jar of natty PB last night..well..so far half the jar is gone! -_-""

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    it's very important for overall health of the body to have a 1:1 ratio of omega 3's to 6's. they say the average american's diet is 50:1 in favor of omega 6's!!! wow! the average american barely gets any omega 3's. you'll get omega 6's easily with a proper diet......i'd concentrate on a healthy source of omega 3's. my first suggestion is definitely molecularly distilled fish oil. if it's cloudy in your part of the US i'd suggest molecularly distilled cod liver oil. next you might try something like a grass fed beef that has omega 3's, but remember to keep that ratio pretty close, it's important for proper brain function. look at bush......he's probably never had a gram of omega 3 in his life.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    but remember to keep that ratio pretty close, it's important for proper brain function. look at bush......he's probably never had a gram of omega 3 in his life.

Any one know how much if any omega 3's are in fish squares or fish sticks (usually three or four per serving) or tuna fish foot long sub? That's about the only way I care to eat fish. Unless it's a maki roll or some other type of sushi.
    Last edited by 63190; 09-09-2004 at 12:16 PM.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    i just got a jar of natty PB last night..well..so far half the jar is gone! -_-""
    I'm glad someone has the same problem i do. Eating some right now on a bagel. Yes I am mixing carbs and fats.

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i'm not really sure about tuna. canned tuna usually has no omegas, simply because of the fact that it's virtually fat free when you buy them in cans. if you get full fat tuna, like from vital choice say, then you're getting plenty of omega 3's. i wouldn't assume you're getting anything beneficial from a tuna sandwich from subway though. to me that goes without saying, but just dous it with flax oil when you get home of you want.

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    i'm not really sure about tuna. canned tuna usually has no omegas, simply because of the fact that it's virtually fat free when you buy them in cans. if you get full fat tuna, like from vital choice say, then you're getting plenty of omega 3's. i wouldn't assume you're getting anything beneficial from a tuna sandwich from subway though. to me that goes without saying, but just dous it with flax oil when you get home of you want.
    Thats gross.....why not at least add olive oil...

olive oil are omega 6 too..and about cod liver oil...i did not even think of supplementing them until you brought it up...but how am i going to calculate how much fats in cod liver oils? i mean..if i could remember, they don't list how many grams each capsule has right? i used to use flax..but well..it's not as cheap as olive oils...so sometimes i have a tight budget..

Thread Information