Shrad6 is offline Junior Member

I'm tired of chicken can I substitute with...

Ok I'm on my cutting diet look below and I'm doing pretty good, but I'm tired of eating chicken 4 times a day. I want to see if I can substitute 2 of those chicken meals with steak instead? I went and looked on the forum already and some of you said yes you can, but I'm wondering about the fat in the steaks. I did read something how the fat wouldn't really matter, but didn't want to hijack someone else thread. I went to fitday.com to see the nutrient facts on flank steak and london broil, but it showed something like 3x. grams of fat per cup. Is that right? I also went to USDA Healthetech and it gave me 3 different types of fat now do I add up the 3 fats and thats the total fat for that serving size or just one of the type of fats? Can someone help me or tell me how to figure out how much fat is in 8 oz of flank steaj or london broil.

My diet:

7:30am: AM Cardio (Hour)

9:00am: 5 Eggs(2 whole), 4 oz of chicken

12:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken and 1 Tbsp of P butter

3:00pm: 1 can of Tuna with 1 Tbsp of Mayo

6:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken and 1 Tbsp of Olive oil

9:00pm: Workout

10:30pm: PWO shake 40g pro/80g Dex

12:00pm: 8 oz of grilled chicken, 3/4 cup of rice, and 1 cup of veggies

BrownBomber is offline Member
    Of course, just make sure the steak is very lean if used in a P+C meal. If it it does have more fat save it for a P+F meal. Thats what I do. Each piece of steak is different, so cut off any excess fat if needed.

BB

Tony Soprano is offline Associate Member
    salmon...

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate fish so I use chicken steak and shrimp. MMMM

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Try making some chicken salad. First the key to making good chicken salad is baking chicken in the oven for just the right time. If its cooked too long its gets dried out and tastes like a sole of a shoe. Once the chicken is cooked, slice up the chicken breast in small pieces and simply add Real Mayo to it mixed with salt, pepper, oregeno and whatever other spice floats your boat. Its a good break from regular chicken.

Served is offline Associate Member
    Bro drop the mayo with the tuna. I know it taste better, but I don't know of anybody that does that for precontest.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Served
    Bro drop the mayo with the tuna. I know it taste better, but I don't know of anybody that does that for precontest.
    What's wrong with mayo?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    use the the steak in pro/fat meals, even the leanest cuts have to much fat for Pro/ carb meals. and yes the mayo fine.

dcb

Shrad6 is offline Junior Member
    I'm not entering in a contest I'm just looking to drop as much BF as possible. If you tell me I could lose a lot more BF without losing muscle quicker by all means tell me what to adjust. I use to eat my tuna straight out the can, but I added the mayo caues of the Pro/Fat meal. Now I plan on using the steak for the Pro/Fat meals, but will I need the extra fat (Nat P butter,Oliver oil ect...) or just eat the steak cause it contains Pro and Fat in one? I hate my chicken its always dry and the lemon flavor is killing me.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Served
    Then you must not know that many people.

Actually, it's a common practice!

Besides, no one said anything about "pre-contest", not sure what you were reading.

~SC~

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    I can eat mayo? YAY!

And try some pork dude.
    Pork, the other white meat.
    But not bacon, duh.
    If you don't have a contest i wouldnt stress to much.

Thread Information