Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070

    protein bar question

    Wasn;t too sure where to stick this one either supp or diet forum.
    I'm just wondering what everyone has to say about a protein bar i found.
    its look pretty good to me tons of protein... which im trying to get more of due to class and everything.
    well ill post up the label and you guys let me know what you think.
    What's In It?
    Supplement Facts:

    Serving Size: 1 Bar
    Servings Per Container: 12

    Amount Per Serving:

    Calories: 380
    Calories from Fat: 80
    Total Fat: 8g
    Saturated Fat: 5g
    Cholesterol: 10mg
    Sodium: 100mg
    Potassium: 310mg
    Total Carbohydrates: 37g
    Dietary Fiber: 2g
    Sugars: 1g
    Other Carbohydrates: 34g
    Protein: 42g
    Vitamin A: 100%
    Vitamin C: 100%
    Calcium: 45%
    Iron: 110%
    Thiamin: 100%
    Vitamin E: 100%
    Riboflavin: 100%
    Niacin: 100%
    Vitamin B6: 100%
    Folate: 100%
    Vitamin B12: 100%
    Biotin: 100%
    Pantothenic Acid: 100%
    Phosphorus: 30%
    Iodine: 100%
    Magnesium: 35%
    Zinc: 100%
    Copper: 100%

    the reason im dding this in is like i said when im in class all day it's hard as hell to get everything i need protein wise. I figure with these i can have two or 3 on the day im in school all day and get 170 for protein on top of what i eat. I guess im not too concerened with cals and such because im going to be starting up cardio here in the next few weeks to attempt to get a little more cut.
    **im aware protein bars rn;t the wisest choice but i also add in shakes when i have a chance to get tot the car and have food in a cooler there but when i have 3 classes back to back to back no time to get out.
    Last edited by magicstick2003; 09-09-2004 at 08:22 AM.

  2. #2
    simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    288
    a lot of protein bar companies lie about what's in their bars, so many people don't eat them just to stay away from the unknown factors in them. i can understand you being in class all day. i'm in the same situation. i take whey concentrate drinks with me if out for a long time, but i think you'll be ok with protein bars as long as you work your ass off in the gym and burn the stubborn calories that your wrapper is hiding.

  3. #3
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    a lot of protein bar companies lie about what's in their bars, so many people don't eat them just to stay away from the unknown factors in them. i can understand you being in class all day. i'm in the same situation. i take whey concentrate drinks with me if out for a long time, but i think you'll be ok with protein bars as long as you work your ass off in the gym and burn the stubborn calories that your wrapper is hiding.
    ya it's not something im going to do everyday... tues im in class all day so i figured i might as well throw one in since eating on that day is so **** hard. I've been doing the protein shake thing too but it's getting old. Def gonna burn off the cals, im going to be starting up some cardio in order to cut up for a trip in mar. I'm still hoping to be able to put on some lean mass though in this time frame and i know it's hard as hell to cut and gain but im gonna see what i can do

  4. #4
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Seems like a sugar bar to me.

    37 carbs, only 2 fiber.

    42 protein total.......

    About even.....

    Unless some of those 37 are malitol, glycerol, or some other sugar alcohol, then it's a sugar-ridden bar.

    What is the name of the bar????

    ~SC~

  5. #5
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Seems like a sugar bar to me.

    37 carbs, only 2 fiber.

    42 protein total.......

    About even.....

    Unless some of those 37 are malitol, glycerol, or some other sugar alcohol, then it's a sugar-ridden bar.

    What is the name of the bar????

    ~SC~
    its the pro42 by iss ill post up the entire ingredient thing and let me know what you think.

  6. #6
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    here's the rest of the label
    ISS Protein Blend (Contains: Calcium Caseinate, Hyrdolyzed Collagen, Whey Protein Concentrate), Glycerine, Coating (Contains: Lactitol, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa [processed with alkali], Partially Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Soy Lecithin (as an emulsifier), Acesulfame K, and Vanilla),Water, Alkalized Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavor, Soy Lecithin, Vitamin and Mineral Blend (Contains: Ascorbic Acid, Ferrous Fumarate, Tricalcium Phosphate, d-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Gluconate, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Palmitate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Potassium Iodide, and Cyanocobalamin), Magnesium Oxide, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Sorbate.

    Net Impact Carbs:
    3 grams (Net impact carbohyrdrates are carbohydrates such as sugars and starches that have a significant impact on blood sugar levels. Dietary fiber, glycerine and carbohydrates (other than sugars and starches) contained in the Pro42 Bar elicit a negligible impact on blood sugar levels.

  7. #7
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    i hope they r somewhat ok cause i order a box.. i guess if they r **** ill see a buddy wants them lol

  8. #8
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    K, it has low "impact" carbs..........that's good I suppose......

    However!!!


    AHHHHH, look at the 2nd ingredient.....

    That is where MOST of your "protein" is coming from.

    HYDROLYZED BEEF COLLAGEN.

    Does nothing for your muscles!

    ~SC~

  9. #9
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    K, it has low "impact" carbs..........that's good I suppose......

    However!!!


    AHHHHH, look at the 2nd ingredient.....

    That is where MOST of your "protein" is coming from.

    HYDROLYZED BEEF COLLAGEN.

    Does nothing for your muscles!

    ~SC~
    **** so what your syaing is its basically crap? eh i guess ill see if my buddy wants them lol they were pretty cheap so i figured id give it a try but if they r no good then whats the sense.

  10. #10
    simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    288
    i always put a bar down when i see that. it's like buying a cd then putting in your car and no music comes out. it's a nutritionless nutrition bar! how ironic!

  11. #11
    brian11's Avatar
    brian11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under the gym
    Posts
    947
    Im trying to get a job at GNC so that I can try to find a decent bar and steal 'em Good to know to stay away from the collagen!

  12. #12
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    ya if anyone has a decent bar thats not an arm and a leg please share... i just want something to boost the protein while im at class and throughout the day.

  13. #13
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    wonder if anyone can shed some light on this bar it's the dymatize gourmet bars.... maybe swole.
    i don;t see what kind of protein is in it though thats the only thing...

    Serving Size: 1 Bar
    Servings Per Container: 12

    Amount Per Serving:

    Calories: 240
    ┬ ┬ Calories from Fat: 50
    Total Fat: 6g 9%
    ┬ ┬ Saturated Fat: 3.5g 17%
    Cholesterol: 10mg 4%
    Sodium: 125mg 5%
    Potassium: 100mg 3%
    Total Carbohydrates: 24g 8%
    ┬ ┬ Dietary Fiber: <1g 4%
    ┬ ┬ Sugars: 2g
    Protein: 30g
    Vitamin A: 15%
    Calcium: 25%
    Vitamin E: 15%
    Riboflavin: 15%
    Vitamin B6: 15%
    Vitamin B12: 20%
    Pantothenic Acid: 15%
    Phosphorus: 15%
    Vitamin C: 15%
    Iron: 2%
    Thiamin: 15%A
    Niacin: 20%
    Folate: 15%
    Biotin: 15%
    Magnesium: 4%

    Ingredients: Protein Blend, Chocolate Flavor Coating, Glycerine, Maltitol Syrup, Water, Polydextrose, Peanut Flour, Peanut Butter, Natural Flavors, Vitamin and Mineral Blend, and Sucralose. Note: May Contain Traces Of Nuts and Seeds.

  14. #14
    brian11's Avatar
    brian11 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Under the gym
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    wonder if anyone can shed some light on this bar it's the dymatize gourmet bars.... maybe swole.
    i don;t see what kind of protein is in it though thats the only thing...

    Serving Size: 1 Bar
    Servings Per Container: 12

    Amount Per Serving:

    Calories: 240
    ┬ ┬ Calories from Fat: 50
    Total Fat: 6g 9%
    ┬ ┬ Saturated Fat: 3.5g 17%
    Cholesterol: 10mg 4%
    Sodium: 125mg 5%
    Potassium: 100mg 3%
    Total Carbohydrates: 24g 8%
    ┬ ┬ Dietary Fiber: <1g 4%
    ┬ ┬ Sugars: 2g
    Protein: 30g
    Vitamin A: 15%
    Calcium: 25%
    Vitamin E: 15%
    Riboflavin: 15%
    Vitamin B6: 15%
    Vitamin B12: 20%
    Pantothenic Acid: 15%
    Phosphorus: 15%
    Vitamin C: 15%
    Iron: 2%
    Thiamin: 15%A
    Niacin: 20%
    Folate: 15%
    Biotin: 15%
    Magnesium: 4%

    Ingredients: Protein Blend, Chocolate Flavor Coating, Glycerine, Maltitol Syrup, Water, Polydextrose, Peanut Flour, Peanut Butter, Natural Flavors, Vitamin and Mineral Blend, and Sucralose. Note: May Contain Traces Of Nuts and Seeds.
    bro u trying to bulk or what, it has a lot of carbs...

    man dont look to much into it. i know you are worried about it being ok, but dont sweat it too much. just try to learn like you are about what is good and what is not ingredient wise and then you will be able to judge for yourself. if you are trying to cut then get a low carb bar.
    Last edited by brian11; 09-09-2004 at 11:35 PM.

  15. #15
    civic mick is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    112
    what are the muscle tech nitro tech bars like ive heard they are very good

  16. #16
    magicstick2003's Avatar
    magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,070
    Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    bro u trying to bulk or what, it has a lot of carbs...

    man dont look to much into it. i know you are worried about it being ok, but dont sweat it too much. just try to learn like you are about what is good and what is not ingredient wise and then you will be able to judge for yourself. if you are trying to cut then get a low carb bar.
    not too worried about cutting... like i said im going to be starting up cardio though so the extra carbs im not too concerened with.. i just needed something to kinda boost up my pro. intake on the days when i can;t get in all my meals...

  17. #17
    Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by magicstick2003
    not too worried about cutting... like i said im going to be starting up cardio though so the extra carbs im not too concerened with.. i just needed something to kinda boost up my pro. intake on the days when i can;t get in all my meals...
    why not have a protein drink with some flax if you want to boost your protein intake.much better for you.

  18. #18
    simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    california
    Posts
    288
    i think nitro tech bars are good. it's 97% whey protein so you know you're getting some quality protein. looks like a solid bar to me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •