Thread: whats going on?

bmfwalton is offline New Member

whats going on?

Im cutting right now and being very strict. The morning is the hardest though. I wake up take some Glutamine.... go do some cardio...... afterwards I take a protein shake with some flax. My first meal is 5 egg whites with 2 yolks with some chicken mixed in. By this time I feel a little light headed and feel a little sick. I usually go on with my day and it does get better, but I have found if I have a peice of fruit or half a bagel I feel much better. What's going on in my body? Any solutions?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You are experiencing low blood sugar when you feel like this.

Either add more healthy fats to the first meal, and wait about 2-3 weeks to get your body used to this. Or, you'll want to have a low gi carb like oats in the a.m., and nix the fat there.

All this depends on what you eat all throughout the day and your entire plan. You feel like this from low blood sugar, and it can be addressed many diff. ways.

~SC~

bmfwalton is offline New Member

whats going on

Is it bad to have low blood sugar? For the first month of my cutting diet I did eat oats in the morning but there wasn't a whole lot of change. The only thing that makes a difference is cutting the oats from the diet. You said add some healthy fats. My healthy fats are my flax. Should I add nuts? What other healthy fats are there? Otherwise my body will get used to it? My way of thinking is if I don't feel so hot something is wrong.

eggplant is offline Member
    note that when you remove or decrease carbs...up fats at the same time..

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfwalton
    Is it bad to have low blood sugar? For the first month of my cutting diet I did eat oats in the morning but there wasn't a whole lot of change. The only thing that makes a difference is cutting the oats from the diet. You said add some healthy fats. My healthy fats are my flax. Should I add nuts? What other healthy fats are there? Otherwise my body will get used to it? My way of thinking is if I don't feel so hot something is wrong.
    This doesn't make sense to me. Unless you were having 2000 kcals worth of oats in your first meal, this low gi carb in the correct amounts w/no fat and adequate protein would NOT prohibit you from losing fat/adipose tissue. I'd look to other areas of the diet that were hindering you. If all else was the same diet wise, then it simply took that long for the results to appear visible to you. If you go back to the oats a.m., eat them 30-40 mins AFTER your 65-75% MHR cardio w/a clean source of protein and literally no fat. Lipolysis will stop anyhow around this time (you are not in KETOSIS so you will not continue to use fat as fuel) and the ingestion of this very low gi food makes no difference fat loss wise.

~SC~

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    if you want healthy fats besides flax look to olive oil. tastes way better than flax too.

Thread Information