Thread: College Diet

methtical126 is offline New Member

College Diet

Alright guys... I got a good workout plan written down, had it critiqued, everything looks good, but now it's time for the hard part. I am currently a college student at the University of Connecticut so it is very hard for me to put together a diet that you guys would approve of. I live in a dorm, so I rely on the dining halls for ALL of my meals. Also I can only eat 3 meals a day, so it's not feasible for me to eat 6-7 times a day like I would like to. I have no car to get to the store to stock up on cans of tuna, etc. Basically I'm pretty screwed.

What I'm trying to do is put together the best possible diet for my situation. The dining halls do have a lot of healthy choices (good salad bar, sandwich bar, egg whites, lots of fruits, veggies, usually chicken breast, fish, etc.). Can someone please give me some advice on creating a good 3-meal-a-day diet plan. I'm 22 years old, 5'10", 190lbs, not sure about body fat %, but it's definately up there. I'm looking to lose a lot of fat while keeping whatever muscle I do have and possibly building some more in the process. Thanks for any info. and advice you guys can offer!

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    bro i was in same situation you were 2 yrs ago. dining commons is best because its all you can eat. since your trying to bulk, which i was trying to do same thing, eat till you puke, no joke.

>>take a bus to walmart and stock up on sh!t or ask your folks to send you some if $ aint an issue

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantzen4k
    bro i was in same situation you were 2 yrs ago. dining commons is best because its all you can eat. since your trying to bulk, which i was trying to do same thing, eat till you puke, no joke.

>>take a bus to walmart and stock up on sh!t or ask your folks to send you some if $ aint an issue
    At least you are trying to bulk and not cut.

The problem with just stuffing your face is that your body cant process that much food so its really not doing you any good but to make you fat. bro you should have a mini fridge in your room right? Take a zip lock bag and put some sandwich meat in there and take it with you to your dorm. Stock up that way. Do the same when they serve chicken. If they dont let you take out food then get creative and figure out a way to do it anyway. Also, I'm sure there is a way for you to get to the store once to buy some canned chicken or tuna. But eating 3 times a day will make it very difficult to bulk.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    it gets cold up north, a little fat wouldnt hurt

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    if you can take **** with you out of the hall.. i know my buddy at msu could take so much with him on any given day, see what they have to say about that
    then you can have stuff throughout the day...
    also tell your parents to send you tons of tuna and chicken lol... instead of the usual care packets with chips and ****.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Im in your boat too bro. Although I have but $55 for food for a week. Believe you me, that will NOT cut it. I may haffta bump up to $75 next sem. But for now, I live in an all you can eat dorm so I go there and POUND food like my next chair was electric. Then I head to the grill area and get like 4-6 chicken breasts and wrap em in napkins and pocket them. (since were not allowed to take food out heh heh heh) Deff have your parents/take the bus to walmart and stock up on tuna for your room. Instant rice in the microwave is good w/ a bullion cube, great w/ stolen chicken breast! I find myself eating between every class. I put meals and workouts into my class schedule, d@mn near no free time.

decadbal is offline Banned
    try 4 meals for one, chicken and low carb

KBZ
    KBZ is offline Associate Member
    55$ a week would work great for me for food!!!!!
    I get oatmeal for like 50 cents a pound and buy in bulk. Whey is 24$ for 5 pounds. Almonds 4$ a pound. Eggs 1$ a dozen. Flax, 1.25$ a pound. Great diet, and cheap.You may not like it, it may get repetitive, you may get sick of it, but for me it works great. My problem is is that I don't get enough TIME to eat enough. At work I have barely anytime to spare but I try and get in as much as I can.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Yeah bro... stock up on instant oatmeal, flaxseed oil, TUNA TUNA TUNA, chicken breasts you can steal... peanuts, peanut butter, flaxseed oil. You definately need more than 3 meals a day.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Yeah bro... stock up on instant oatmeal, flaxseed oil, TUNA TUNA TUNA, chicken breasts you can steal... peanuts, peanut butter, flaxseed oil. You definately need more than 3 meals a day.
    hey do you think he should get some flaxseed oil?

brian11 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    hey do you think he should get some flaxseed oil?

Thedudex2000 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah dude, u should have more than 3 meals a day. Like was being said load up on Tuna. Tuna is cheap as hell you can find it for like 50 cents a can, or even less. Im at college too, and I steal food from the dning hall, chicken, cottage cheese, all that stuff. Its easier for you since you are bulking. im cutting so the college meal situation proves to be a real BITCH when it comes to that

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    And like Im f-ing hungry now, and the fvcking chow halls and gym are closed!!!!!!!!!!!! You cant imagine my level of pissed offness. Fvck it. Im drivin to china buffet.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I'm at school right now, I have the unlimited plan. Look, bro, if money is an issue, you should look for a job to get a better meal plan. You most likely will not see the gains you want to see without eating right. Currently, I am bulking, and here's how my day usually looks:

9:00 AM
    8 egg whites, 2 packs instant oatmeal, 2 cups coffee

11:30 AM
    8 egg whites, 2 packs instant oatmeal, salad, 1 cup diet sprite

2:00 PM
    PWO shake (44g pro/75g carb)

3:00 PM
    A lot of deli turkey ( probably around 40-60g pro) and 2 packets oatmeal, salad, diet sprite

6:00 PM
    Hamburger (no bun), salad, about 3 oz roast beef, diet sprite

9:00 PM
    5 oz Chicken breast (from home), 1 oz almonds

12:00 AM
    44g whey shake, 1 oz almonds

When i have 8 oclock classes, i add in another meal at 7 of egg whites and oats.

Thread Information