PlimoMan is offline Junior Member

Help making schedule

Hey guys, I`m trying to make my 8 meals fit in a day, but I`m having a little problem. I work full time as a teacher, 9 till 5, I have a lunch from 11 till 12. I wake up at about 7:30, get ready and eat then head to school. Here is the eating schedule I have so far.

8:15 AM - Pro/Carb
    10:00 AM - Pro/Fat
    11:30 AM - Pro/Carb
    2:00 PM - Pro/Fat
    4:30 PM - Pro/Fat
    5:30 PM - Workout
    7:00 PM - PWO
    7:30 PM PPWO Pro/Carb
    10:00 Pro/Fat

Thats all I can come up with. I usualy eat a protein bar and a protein shake at work for my meals. Let me know what you guys think, I guess i`m trying to schedule it around my lunch time.....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Seems like you can get away w/ 6 or 7 MEALS spread out, not bars/shakes. Every 1.5-2 hours you don't have to eat, 2-3 hours is a good rule of thumb.

Not sure of your dietary direction, but you have lots of pro/carb meals mixed in between fat/pro meals. Being that the meals are so close together, when you ingest the carb/pro meals your insulin (dependent upon the carbs you are using) levels may still be too high in the blood to warrant a fat/pro meal such a short time later. You may be storing fat doing this, so I'd re-think the plan of attack.

Just my $.02.............

~SC~

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    From a glance, I would switch around the 11:30am and 10:00pm meals. Use the window of opportunity following your workout to take advantage of carb meals.

Thanks for the quick reply guys.

Swole I see what you are saying, I guess I can cut back the meals. Here goes try #2

8:15 AM
    11:30 AM
    2:00 PM
    4:30 PM
    5:30 PM Workout
    7:00 range PWO Shake, Protein + gateraid
    7:30 PPWO
    10:00-10:30

I spread this one out a little more, I was squeezing it in because I am aiming for about 36kcals and wasn`t sure if 7 meals was enough to eat all that. BTW I`m 6', 190lbs, and trying to bulkup. Where should the carb fat meals go in this?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If you are bulking, check out the bulking sticky post atop the page for instruction on what a good macro layout looks like. You'll also want to take note of the pwo offerings, as getting those right are very key to the acquisition of lean muscle tissue.

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Also for your PWO, try a 40pro/80dex

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If you are bulking, check out the bulking sticky post atop the page for instruction on what a good macro layout looks like. You'll also want to take note of the pwo offerings, as getting those right are very key to the acquisition of lean muscle tissue.

~SC~
    Swole - I guess this guy needs to hear it twice or possibly reassurance from you before he acknowledges the advice of another member and takes note.

You got this place on lock down brutha J/P man, you certaintly put your time into this forum and helped a lot of members out. No wonder everyone seeks your advice and knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    That is where I got my initial information, just wasn't sure how to place it since I am going for 7 meals instead. Here is what I have after reading the diet part of that thread.

8:15 AM (Pro/Carbs) 51g/92g
    11:30 AM(Pro/Fat) 51/27g
    2:00 PM(Pro/Carb) 51/92g
    4:30 PM(Pro/Fat) 51/27g
    5:30 PM Workout
    7:00 range PWO Shake, Protein + gateraid (Pro/Carb) 51g/80g
    7:30 PPWO (Pro/Carbs) 51g/92g
    10:00-10:30 (Pro/Fat) 51g/27g

Total (Pro/Carb/Fat) 357g/357g/81g
    3572 cals

Now I dont know if 3 meals of 92g of carbs is too much, if it is I was thinking of changing meal at 4:30 PM to a carb meal.

What do you think?

you never know until you try it out with your body. try it out see what happens and adjust things from there, good luck.

Thread Information