Aggression is offline Member

Confused about muscle milk

I am thinking of trying muscle milk as I hear nothing but good things about it but I have a few questions:

1. It has alot of good fats in it (18 g to be exact). If I'm taking this before bed or during the day do I need to take a fat source with it (like flax) to slow absorbtion or is there enough fat in the drink where I don't need to take a fat source with it to slow absorbtion? I was thinking of taking 2 tbsp of natty pb with this before bed, that would make (with the natty pb) 40 g protein, 30 g fats, and 18 g carbs. Is that too much before bed?

2. It also has 12 g of carbs in it. Will that make this drink bad to take before bed because of the 12 g of carbs in it? Especially if I'm cutting.

3. I usually take an Isopure shake as my PWO shake. Is Muscle milk a good shake to drink PWO? The label says you can drink it anytime (before bed, during workout, and PWO) but I would think the high fat content would make this shake a bad one to drink PWO.

4. It says it contains creatine in it. Lets say you were taking one shake (2 scoops) a day before bed, is there enough creatine in it to give any benefits?

5. And lastly, there is only 32 g of protein per serving. If I was drinking a Muscle milk shake before I went to bed is 32 g of protein enough to feed my muscles through the night?

Thanks in advance fellas!
    Last edited by Aggression; 09-14-2004 at 10:38 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I stick to making my own clean MRP type preparations.

~SC~

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    I think I'm gonna use a serving of muscle milk with HOOD nonfat Carb Control Milk before bed. That would give me 42 g protein, 18 g fat, and 12 g carbs.

I wouldn't do that.

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    so is mucle milk a bad idea period?? or just the time of day taken, bad??

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    I wouldn't do that.

Me either......

Aggression is offline Member
    I will use muscle milk two times a day.

I will have a serving of muscle milk with HOOD nonfat Carb Control Milk along with my 1/2 cup of oatmeal (mixed with splenda and cinnamon) and apple as part of my pre workout meal.

And I'm gonna use a serving of muscle milk with HOOD nonfat Carb Control Milk and a tbsp of flax before bed.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    dont use it..... go to allthewhey.com and order some protein from there. for EFA's pour some flax in your shake..... For PWO get dextrose and add it to your shake with a 2:1 carb to protein ratio with no flax.

Thread Information