Aggression is offline Member

Can't have wild alaskin samon

I went to my grocery store today and asked for wild alskin salmon (because I heard it's the best tasting AND the best nutritionally because of all the good fats that are contained in it). The guy in the seafood dept said that wild alaskin salmon is only sold in one season of the year and that is summer. So, now it's fall and I can't get it.

I asked him what kind of salmon they had and he said farmers kind or something. He said they have this "farmers" salmon all year around.

So my question is can I eat this "farmers" salmon? Is it as good nutritionally and tasting as the wild salmon? Will I receive any benefits from eating this salmon in terms of EFA's and protein?

Thanks guys!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    God **** man, its salmon, just buy some. Its all pretty much the same. You're making such a big deal out of a ltitle thing.

XL721 is offline Junior Member
    Costco Dogg.
    U can buy a huge filet for pretty cheap.

Actually I was thinking of using my George Foreman grill to grill the salmon, but than I thought that would be stupid because the Foreman grill would drip the fat out and you want the fat so I decided I'm going to broil it instead.

I was planning on eating 8oz of it at time. How much do you guys eat?
    Last edited by Aggression; 09-16-2004 at 11:53 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You'll eat as much as you need to fit into your daily dietary breakdown.

~SC~

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    No foreman grill you sicko!!! You will butcher it! place the salmon in tin foil, drizzle olive oil on it, season with salt and pepper and like 2-3 thin sliced lemon pieces, now wrap the salmon totally in the tin foil (use one piece just fold sides up and over it and fold away excess) and throw that shiznit on the BBQ! In 20-25 minutes youll have the juciest piece of fish that tastes great with tons of tein and EFA's

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglouie250
    No foreman grill you sicko!!! You will butcher it! place the salmon in tin foil, drizzle olive oil on it, season with salt and pepper and like 2-3 thin sliced lemon pieces, now wrap the salmon totally in the tin foil (use one piece just fold sides up and over it and fold away excess) and throw that shiznit on the BBQ! In 20-25 minutes youll have the juciest piece of fish that tastes great with tons of tein and EFA's
    heat kills EFA's

dcb

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    heat kills EFA's

dcb
    thats what i heard but does it actually "kill" it or just denature the fat so that it can not be broken down by the bodies enzymes? and why are we cooking with olive oil in the first place if it is true?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Are you still confused about salmon? Its a piece of fish man, buy it, eat it. That simple. I don't give a **** if it is Hindu salmon..its all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Are you still confused about salmon? Its a piece of fish man, buy it, eat it. That simple. I don't give a **** if it is Hindu salmon..its all the same.

lol seriously bro..

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    I had to do it!!!

Chinook Salmon
    Chun Salmon
    Coho Salmon
    Pink Salmon
    Sockeye Salmon
    Masu Salmon
    Amago Salmon

Well if it's true that heat kills EFA's than I will broil it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray sprayed on and than AFTER it's cooked I will put a tbsp of olive oil on it.

Also could someone give me the protein, fat, and carb amonts found in 8oz of salmon?
    Last edited by Aggression; 09-17-2004 at 12:36 PM.

http://www.kasilofseafoods.com/Gift_Packs_new.htm
    Just order it offline and have it shipped to your door. It gives the nutritional facts under each.
    God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Well if it's true that heat kills EFA's than I will broil it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray sprayed on and than AFTER it's cooked I will put a tbsp of olive oil on it.

Also could someone give me the protein, fat, and carb amonts found in 8oz of salmon?

Ok bro, cool, cook it up.. we've seen enough on your conquest of trying to find a piece of salmon. Do the research on your own to find the nutrtiional facts. I think everyone of your posts since you've joined has been an individual thread with a new question.

I just tried it for the first time and it tastes GREAT!!!!!!

I broiled it with some pepper and ICBINB spray and after it was cooked I drizzled it with some extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tbsp).

It tasted good but the only complaint I have is that it's not very filling. But than agin I only ate 8oz., next time I'll eat 16oz!

Is there a website where I could check the nutritional values of salmon?
    Last edited by Aggression; 09-17-2004 at 02:10 PM.

Yes, check out post #13.

Thread Information