Aguro is offline Associate Member

Eating while working out (actually drinking dex prot)

Ok i have readed somewhere that it is helpfull to drink a mix of 5 g of protein and 25 g of dextrose/maltose in a 12 oz of water every 15 min during workout. That it would actually help prevent catabolism. I tried it and it didnt seem to impair my workout. My workout last 45min. What your opinion on that?
    Last edited by Aguro; 09-18-2004 at 01:39 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Wherever you read that has mis-informed authors, if I read the above correct which was actually a challenge to read and make sense of.

You are in the gym to workout, not eat. If you are in the gym so long that you have to eat, you're there too d*mn long.

Train, get out, THEN EAT!!!!!!!! Drinking dextrose while working out is assinine, as you totally negate any slin spike PWO which is when you want it, not during a workout when you need energy. Raising slin levels during exercise leads to lethargy as well.

Overall, a very dumb idea. Not just my opinion, but rather "common knowledge" amongst the fitness/bodybuilding community.

Those are my thoughts on it, but if you like to do this and think it helps you some miraculous way, then keep doing it. Makes no difference to anyone else brutha, you do what works for you. I have to say though, NO ONE I know (1000's) ever do something like this.

~SC~

Aguro is offline Associate Member
    Ok thank you Sc.. Ill stop doing this then if it negate my insulin spike..
    Last edited by Aguro; 09-18-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Yeah, it really does bro. So, if pwo nutrition is a key for you (as it should be), then you'll want to utilize water during your workout, and have your dex/whey after you are done.

~SC~

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    Swole is it okay to drink creatine immediately after workout and then 15-20 mins later have my PWO shake with dex????

Quote Originally Posted by khurrams
    Swole is it okay to drink creatine immediately after workout and then 15-20 mins later have my PWO shake with dex????

I'd throw the creatine in that shake bro, and drink it right away. Take 10-15 mins or so to finish the entire thing.

~SC~

khurrams is offline Associate Member
    Thanx brutha!!!

Thread Information