sooner45 is offline Member

Significance of PB??

Ive read a lot of post about people that are cutting, they add 1 tbsp of Peanutt Butter to their diets usually in the afternoons?? Whats teh reason for that? Just carbs??? Thanks!!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    The reason for the pb is for fat. When you lower your carbs you generally need to raise your fat intake. Natural peanutbutter has the good essential fats that everyone needs in their diets.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    Natural Peanut Butter...and the reg stuff for that matter are a source of "good fats" and include some protein. You need fat to burn fat, and PB is a fairly good tasting source...other places are flax oil, fish oil, udos oil, primrose..etc..on top of that you need some of the other fats as well, the ones you get from your protein sources.

That's what I understand anyways....

where would you fond natural PB? I was in wally world yesterday and al i found was the jiff, and al that stuff...

kc
    sooner, i find it next to the reg stuff in the grocery store...also, they have it in the cooler section too. Otherwise look in the sugar-free section of you store. If my tiny town's grocery has it, it's gotta be everywhere!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Agreed with everything mnkc and Texan have said. But also when cutting, getting fat is good because your body won't go into a starvation mode and see that it isn't getting enough dietary fat and make up for this by making the release of bodyfat very hard, it won't want to get rid of something that it isn't getting. Your body is a very smart and adaptable thing, it needs to be fooled.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Try different stores, I'm lucky in that a all natural health food store is just down the road from my house.

So just ask for natural peanutt butter? Also, would I just ask for "flax oil"? Any what are the amounts taken every day on that????

kc
    i use a tbsp of flax a day, usually around noon, my little tummy gets mad if i take it before then

Originally posted by mnkc
    i use a tbsp of flax a day, usually around noon, my little tummy gets mad if i take it before then
    I take mine with Breakfast (5:30am) no problems here.

Pain

what about the flax? get the one with fiber?? also, take the flax and PB at the same time during the day or at different times? like one in the afternoon? and one at night? or just all the same time?

Originally posted by sooner45
    what about the flax? get the one with fiber?? also, take the flax and PB at the same time during the day or at different times? like one in the afternoon? and one at night? or just all the same time?
    The one with fiber, do you mean liqnans?? Take PB and Flax at different times that would be a lot of fat at one time.

Thread Information