chevy44 is offline Member

trying desperatley to gain 15lbs

hows it going fellas? i really need to gain 10-15 lbs, i have been busting my balls in the gym for the last 3 months and have seen absolutely no gains (in weight), i did go from 185 @about 13%bf to 182 @ around 9% bf.. not saying i am not very happy w/ my progress but im not gaining weight at all, and i realized it is because im not eating enough. i only eat about 3 times /day but its all clean ie:chicken breasts, rice, tuna etc.. and i know that i have to take in close to 3500cal/day... but i really dont know how much carbs/meal/day protein/meal/day and what to take after my workouts. currently i am taking protein/creatine/lglutamine. if you guys could help me out that would be awesome here are some stats:
    18 yrs old 5'9" 182
    train 4days/wk mon/tues/thur/fri (heres the workout)
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...lated+training
    i run 8 100 yrd sprints 3x's/wk
    thanx for the help guys

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    So.. whats your question? Read the bulking sticky.

chevy44 is offline Member
    i just need help w/ howmuch protein/day carbs/day and how much cals... ill read it right now

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy44
    i just need help w/ howmuch protein/day carbs/day and how much cals... ill read it right now

Read up, figure out whats best for you then post a diet here and we'll critique it for you.

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Well, there's a lot of info on bulking diets in the diet forums, but right off the bat 3/day is very inadequate. You need 6-7. Real food is always best, but MRP's could be used for not more than 2 or 3. Quick absorbed protein in the morning such as egg albumin or whey. Slowly absorbed protein at bedtime such as casein. After your workout, dextrose with protein. Try making large batches of a few different meals twice per week, then put them in tupperwares for the following 3 or four days.

If you really calculate, your current diet of 3 meals is probably under 2000 calories which for someone of your age and muscularity is below your daily metabolic use.

Thread Information