eggplant is offline Member

question for everyone!

hmm..this question happened to hit me while i was staring at my home ceiling..pretty bored..so here it is...! we all know the usual pro/fat meals..and what it does..basically the fat in these meals slow down the rate of digestion and ensure that the proteins we ingest are not being burned of as energy..we want it to aid in rebuilding of muscle tissues instead.. if that's the case..wouldn't fibre do the same thing? as in eating veggies and protein as a meal itself? veggies enable the human body to burn more calories than what they supply while digesting them, and it also slows down digestion..which also means that the body has another source of energy to burn instead of burning protein as energy..and thus ensuring the protein to be directed towards muscular tissue repair..? i do not have carbs on my non training days..so it's just pro/fat all the way to bed..and i realised that no matter what, the calories in each meal will definitely be more than what i'm having in my training days(most calories at pwo,lesser calories at other meals) ..in this case,i do not have a pwo meal.....so the total calories for the day will be split up into various meals.. of course each of my meals will be higher in calories than usual.....and this applies to bedtime meal too.....and this kinda bugs me a little.. what do you guys think???

wierd question, and i don't really understand it...but when you eat a pro\fat meal, for me, the fat is for the extra calories(im bulking) and for the slowed digestion. if you really wanted to have the veggies i dont see why you couldn't just add them in the meal...

well..ya..weird indeed..i do have this kinda weird questions coming up to my mind once in a while..i understand the extra calories while bulking..but what about cutting? lets say your daily calories for cutting is at 2600cal..and for training days..u would put the most calorie dense meal at your pwo,ppwo followed by breakfast..thus...the remainder calories will be split up into the respected number of meals allocated for the rest of the day..say you have 7meals total..and you are left with 4 meals..after your breakfast,pwo and ppwo..so the remainding calories..(pro/fat meal) will be split up into 4 meals....and lets say each of this 4 meals each has 300 calories...so hypothetically on your non training days..you do not have pwo and ppwo..so your total calories will be split into several meals..say 7 meals..and since you do not have pwo and ppwo(most calorie dense meals) each of your meals would definitely be higher in calories than on your training days..take for example the last 4 meals for the day..hope i explained a bit clearly..pls chime in guys!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    well..ya..weird indeed..i do have this kinda weird questions coming up to my mind once in a while..i understand the extra calories while bulking..but what about cutting? lets say your daily calories for cutting is at 2600cal..and for training days..u would put the most calorie dense meal at your pwo,ppwo followed by breakfast..thus...the remainder calories will be split up into the respected number of meals allocated for the rest of the day..say you have 7meals total..and you are left with 4 meals..after your breakfast,pwo and ppwo..so the remainding calories..(pro/fat meal) will be split up into 4 meals....and lets say each of this 4 meals each has 300 calories...so hypothetically on your non training days..you do not have pwo and ppwo..so your total calories will be split into several meals..say 7 meals..and since you do not have pwo and ppwo(most calorie dense meals) each of your meals would definitely be higher in calories than on your training days..take for example the last 4 meals for the day..hope i explained a bit clearly..pls chime in guys!

That's good because on your "off" days is when you recover/grow, so the higher calorie meals more times per day is good for such a situation, especially seeing as you are still within the total daily Kcal allowance for your progress to continue.

~SC~

oh man,..you are just the man..i must really say i learnt something today from you..not only today..but all the time....my respects!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    oh man,..you are just the man..i must really say i learnt something today from you..not only today..but all the time....my respects!
    That's good then, because that means that my goals/aspirations of helping and assisting are being carried out.

Glad I could help ya.

~SC~

Thread Information