Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member

Whey protein or weightgainer

I just wanted to know when is best to take my whey protein and weight gainer, at present I take the weight gainer before bed and the whey protein after every workout which is usualy 3 times a week. Is this right or should I take whey protein every day ?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun_brotherton
    I just wanted to know when is best to take my whey protein and weight gainer, at present I take the weight gainer before bed and the whey protein after every workout which is usualy 3 times a week. Is this right or should I take whey protein every day ?
    You need protein everyday, not just on WO days...
    And if you're taking weightgainer, don't you think you should be W/O more than 3d a week?
    The whey protein is protein, not miracle grow.. it is there to supplement a lack of protein from other staples....
    PWO you should injest 2:1 of Dex to Protein...
    If you are lacking protein from your other foods, and rely on a shake to supplement that, then you can take your whey ED of the week.. it's not like you're wasting it... but, you should try to get as much of your protein from real foods...

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, I try to eat as much as I can but have trouble with getting all the required foods down so have to rely on these shakes. Although I do eat quite a bit I also have a very high motabolism rate. Anyway my weight gainer gives me 1500 calories a day.
    When you say I should be working out more than 3 days a wk I do try to fit in a forth to target the smaller muscle groups but htis isnt always possible, but I do cardio for 30 mins prior to a workout as part of my warm up.

Thread Information