eradikate is offline Senior Member

trying to gain muscle and weight

hey guys! im 154 and im trying to gain some weight. i eat about 200g of protein and about 1500g carb a day?? is that enough??

ryan26 is offline Junior Member
    1500grams of carbs, and 200grams of protein? So you eat 6800 calories a day not including the calories from the fats you eat? And you're 154 pounds?

oooopss!! sorry guys... i meant 1500 calories and 200g of protein.
    and yes i am 158. i dunno how im skinny at the rate im eating. welll my whole family is pretty skinny but i put on some muscle lately. could u guys give me some real tremendous diet that will boost my weight quickly?? thanx

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    To gain 1 lb. a week u must consume 500 calories more than your daily allowance. I dont know your height or anything but to curren maintain you weight u need around 2600 so to gain a 1 lb. a week u would need 3100.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Eat more!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Looks as if you are consuming around 2300 cals a day I would increase it to 3000 and you will see an increase in weight

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Also are you working out? Put more weight on the bar and do less reps. That will put some mass on ya, and help you gain.
    But becareful what you wish for...

ryan26 is offline Junior Member
    You need to go into the educational thread section, and look at "Toby's" posts about calculating your daily caloric intake. Once you've figured that out, you should start eating about 500 to 1000 calories over that number.
    If you just want to gain weight, try eating whole eggs for awhile. That will bulk you up alot. It won't be all muscle weight, but it'll be weight.
    Do you squat and deadlift?

yes i do squat but i can't do regular squat cu zmy knees. i do machine squats, but my legs are really thin. i put on about 10 lbs of solid muscle in 1 month cuz my body fat stayed same but i got bigger. i lift heavy weights considering what i use to do. well imma eat more now and try to get bigger, ill update my results!! thanx!!

Thread Information