Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Results Lacking....Help!

I have been on my "cutting" routine for almost one month, have been in the gym for 3-4 weeks now as well. I weighed myself tonight and i have put on weight, of course being on a cutting diet this is a major concern to me. (I also know that it has not been a long time since i started this but just wanna know if this is normal activity?)

I will say that i am seeing results though, my back is shaping up as well as my arms and chest and legs. I am lifting light enough that i can do 4x12 and put alot of effort into the lifts. It almost seems as if i am bulking...

My question is this, is it normal to gain weight at first due to muscle growth (Of course muscle weighs more than fat)? As i said i am feeling better and can see the muscles better now.

Here is my routine and i would appreciate any critique, maybe i am super carb sensitive?

*Cardio at 6am
    **Should i drop the oats and add more protein on Non-cardio days?

**8:00: 100% rolled oats 2 egg whites, 56g Protein shake, (Pro/carb)

10:30: Can of tuna w/ mayo, 1 tbsp flax (pro/fat)

12:30: Chicken Breast, greens (ex: green beans, mustard greens, turnip greens), 2 tbsp of natural PB (pro/fat)

2:30: Can of Tuna w/mayo, 1 tbsp flax (pro/fat)

4:30 Protein Shake, almonds (pro/fat)

6:00: Workout

7:15: PWO Protein Shake 80-Dex/40-Protein (pro/carb)

9:00: Chicken Breast, brown rice, greens (ex: green beans, mustard greens, turnip greens) (pro/carb)

11:30: Protein Shake, Tbsp flax (pro/fat)

Lifting:

Monday - Cardio in AM, Legs
    Tuesday - REST
    Wednesday - Cardio in AM, Chest/Shoulders
    Thursday - REST
    Friday - Cardio in AM, Back/Traps
    Saturday - REST
    Sunday - Cardio in AM, Arms

I have been doing cardio 3-4x a week around 6am and if it is a lift day i lift at 6pm.

Should i stop with weights and just hit cardio for awhile? I really wanna drop lbs...i am a little down about this...but i will not let this small problem get to me..i will continue my new lifestyle no matter what.

What kind of mix should i eat on my day that i have my cheat meal? Start it out normal and then have my cheat meal and then finish the day off with pro/fat?

Obrigado!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Drop the carbs on non cardio days, up the cardio to 6 days a week.

Cardio six days a week is just not realistic, i work full time and go to school. I will drop the oats on non-cardio days and up the protein for that meal.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Cardio six days a week is just not realistic, i work full time and go to school. I will drop the oats on non-cardio days and up the protein for that meal.
    u already have 56grams of protein in that meal, why the ass would you want more? if nething drop the oats and add a EFA. i dont know why you are chinging things up though, never go by the scale, go by the mirror.

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    If more cardio is not realistic, well, then you have to question how realistic the goals you are trying to attain are.

Besides, if you are doing cardio a.m. and training in the p.m., then you can do cardio again on that next "REST" day.............a.m. as you did the previous day!

~SC~

dalcowbag:

You are right, the look is changing there is no doubt about it. I have thought about adding a EFA. Probably start that next week. Can you recommend a good one? All my stuff back in the day was full of Ephedrine and now you can not get it. I still have some Thermo Hydroxadrine (w/ ephedrine) but not many left.

SC: You are also right...i am doing the best i can and maybe i expect to much to soon..but like i said i am not quitting..i will adjust if need be but i am not gonna quit.

Thanks guys....gotta be up at 5:45am for the cardio....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member
    stay patient bro. I got discouraged half way into my cut, but i stuck it out. I also have a full time job for a scholarship program, and have very hard classes right now. You jsut have to decide where your priorities lie, i got the cardio in 6-7 days a week, and i'm very happy that i did!

good luck, and post some pics!

Grab yourself some Udo's Oil and put that in your first meal.

Is'nt that the similar to Flax? Add it in on cardio and non cardio days?

The big question is, on my cheat meal day, should i eat pro/fat the rest of the day and try to have my cheat meal as early as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Is'nt that the similar to Flax? Add it in on cardio and non cardio days?

The big question is, on my cheat meal day, should i eat pro/fat the rest of the day and try to have my cheat meal as early as possible?

Udo's Oil is a blend of Omega 3, 6, and 9 fats. Take it as you would take flax. I always cheat earlier in the day and eat clean for the rest of the day.

I don't think any place carries Udo's Oil locally.

Vitamin Shoppe if you have one around you.

Thread Information