DustinLati is offline New Member

good macro breakdown for bulking?

Ive been following the MAX-OT 53p/37c/10f macro breakdown, and at first i put on some size and actually lost some fat on my stomach which was awesome, but for the past month or two ive actually lost muscle and put on more fat. Somethings not right. I think my fat is just way too low, maybe my carbs too. I need to switch it up, so im wondering what is a good macrobreakdown to follow?
    33p/33c/33f?
    40p/30c/30f?
    30p/50c/20f?
    I realize that every body is different, but if one macro breakdown works for 20 people here, im sure it would work for me as well.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinLati
    if one macro breakdown works for 20 people here, im sure it would work for me as well.
    Hahahah!!!!!

As one who deals in macros daily (my occupation) I can assure you that the above is completely and totally incorrect.

If it were that easy, I'd be out of a job.

~SC~

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    you will need to do a bit of experimenting to find what works best for you.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would start with the typical 50c/30p/20f and then tweak from there to see what works for you. try to eat most of your carbs at breakfast, PWO and PPWO.

DustinLati is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hahahah!!!!!

As one who deals in macros daily (my occupation) I can assure you that the above is completely and totally incorrect.

If it were that easy, I'd be out of a job.

~SC~
    is that you in your sig? if so, lay some diet knowledge on me man, im starving for it. (by the way, im 20, 5'11", 163 pounds, and have been working out for ~1.5 years.)

bigsd67....so your suggesting basically what i was suspecting....lower my protein a small bit, and up the carbs and fat. Is that breakdown a popular one for putting on muscle? If so, what carbs do you reccommend at breakfast, PWO and PPWO (high Gi carbs right?....dextrose, malto, potatoes, cereal)?

Thanks guys

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Of course that's me in my sig brutha, that's me in the avatar too.

I'd never use someone else's pics. U can check out my site for a wide array of pics!

~SC~

Thread Information