mfenske is offline Member

Question for Elliot

On your Excel spreadsheet when I enter my weight it gives me the various caloric intakes based upon my activity level. What puts me at a certain activity level? What is lightly, or highly? Thanks. Mark

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mfenske
    On your Excel spreadsheet when I enter my weight it gives me the various caloric intakes based upon my activity level. What puts me at a certain activity level? What is lightly, or highly? Thanks. Mark

PM Him??

Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    PM Him??
    Good idea. Though, I think that this info would be useful to others who might use the program he composed. Mark

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    They've probably already pm'ed him.

~SC~

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    activity level should be based on your occupation...for instance if you are on your feet all day and walking you are lightly to moderately active....active jobs are mainly construction and garbage men or package handlers (people who actually sweat at work) and then there's the sedentary desk job. most formulas dont take regular exercise as activity level when composing a basal calorie count...you have to add in calories burned through exercise and adjust the diet thereafter.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, that's like common sense right there, but you'd be amazed at how many people forget that.

~SC~

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
    Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
    Moderately active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
    Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
    Extra active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsd67
    activity level should be based on your occupation...for instance if you are on your feet all day and walking you are lightly to moderately active....active jobs are mainly construction and garbage men or package handlers (people who actually sweat at work) and then there's the sedentary desk job. most formulas dont take regular exercise as activity level when composing a basal calorie count...you have to add in calories burned through exercise and adjust the diet thereafter.
    You see that's why I'm asking. My job as an A/V technician doesn't involve much physical labor, other than walking periodically. I wanted to know where to place myself with my training. I weight train with good intensity 4 times a week and do 45 minutes of cardio at least 3. Thanks. Mark

Thread Information