simplecanibus is offline Associate Member

Best kind of cheat meal to cheat with

So if a person is dieting it is important to have a cheat meal to boost one's metabolism every week or two. My question is this: is there a cheat meal which is better to boost your metabolism with? Example: is a slice of chocolate cake a better choice than a pizza? Is it primarily more simple sugars or a combination of sugars and fats, or just fats? Just a question I had.

pizza is better than cake...........jk im pretty sure they're the same, calories are calories.

best cheat meal, a clean "carb up" meal.

its always bad to mix carbs and fats

SplinterCell is offline Senior Member
    I just had a ****ing cheat day today.....3 bows of cereals for breakfast, 1 egg, a slice of prime rib, 2 bows of grits, 1 bowl of no fat icecream, a chicken wrap, cashews, peanuts, chocolite chip cookies....4 of em, 2 cinnabons, chicken wonton soup, spaghetti and meatballs and a grill cheese sandwhich today...I ****ing hate myself but hey, you know what? When I hit the gym this week I hit it twice as hard, pump up on the intensity and kill it...no sense in weeping over spilt milk....oh well, just a rant on my ****ty meal day...god college is oh so great and oh so bad at the same time.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SplinterCell
    I just had a ****ing cheat day today.....3 bows of cereals for breakfast, 1 egg, a slice of prime rib, 2 bows of grits, 1 bowl of no fat icecream, a chicken wrap, cashews, peanuts, chocolite chip cookies....4 of em, 2 cinnabons, chicken wonton soup, spaghetti and meatballs and a grill cheese sandwhich today...I ****ing hate myself but hey, you know what? When I hit the gym this week I hit it twice as hard, pump up on the intensity and kill it...no sense in weeping over spilt milk....oh well, just a rant on my ****ty meal day...god college is oh so great and oh so bad at the same time.
    I understand where you are coming from. Once you cheat on your cheat that intial cheat spikes up your insulin so much that it is sooo hard to have just one cheat meal. I usually go with that goal in mind, but in the end I end up having about 3 cheat meals instead of one. But like you said on monday, its time to step it up a notch and get back on track.

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    I think your cheat meal can be just about anything from a cheesburger to chocolate cake. Its sooooo important to make that cheat meal your only one and not get overtaken by the increased insulin levels and make the cheat meal a cheat day. When you cheat eat as much are you want, but once you leave the table its over.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I had pizza this weekend for my cheat meal....**** that was some good ****.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I had a cheat day on sat. I was on a trip and they didnt supply us with very good food. Luckily I packed two protien shakes n peanuts. Everything else was cookies, burgurs, soda, chips, and everything good that I shouldnt have eaten.

TRIBOL is offline Associate Member
    Best cheat meal is the hottest chicken wings dominos has to offer w/ blue cheese dressing. its prolly a typical pro/fat meal for some but this stuff makes me sweat my a$$ off and my pulse after eating this meal is close to my MHR for cardio, lol..

TrIBOL

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Just as a side note, a cheat day (or meal) isn't really to boost your metabolism. It's two-fold. On one hand you have to keep your body from adapting, so you catch it off-guard. On the other hand, you don't want to become bored with your diet so your treat yourself, but don't go overboard. I think the best cheat foods (or days) accomplish both.

xenithon is offline Member
    I think one thing you MUST watch out for is a rough idea of total calories in the cheat meal. Remember the body does not work on a 24 hour cycle, meaning one day normally doesn't make too musch difference in the LONG run. However, I often see people saying a cheat meal consist of an entire pizza with a coke and finished with a large chocolate muffin. I see that as being easily around 2000cals. That's nearly an entire day's worth of food, which WILL make a difference in the long run. This is especially true for those maintaining or cutting who keep very strict during the week and have one cheat meal. That one meal, if so excessive, can cause major damage. That's why I opt for cheats of sane caloric values for example a cheeseburger, or 3-4 slices of pizza instead of a whole one. Normaly meals for me are around 300-400 cals, so on cheat meals I try not to go too much over double. So I would get around 700-800 cals in the cheat meal.

X

Dj Reversal is offline Associate Member
    mmmMmmmm chicken cutlet parm with penne pasta... --drewls-- i luv it so much.. thats the reason im 18% body fat instead of 10 but yes now that my diet has started that will be my one cheat meal and probably a big ass snapple iced tea.

Mark

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I had 4 slices of Pizza, i could not eat anymore. I enjoyed it though...i am gonna try to have some Hooters Wings w/ Blue Cheese on my next cheat day.

I drink diet cherry cola on my cheat day as well, i only eat one cheat meal but kinda cheat a bit extra by drinking a few diets sodas. I'm bad i know.

Thread Information