Aggression is offline Member

Which meal to have cheat meal with?

If I was gonna have two cheat meals a week, 1 on friday and 1 on saturday, what meal should I have them with?

I know definitly not bedtime and not breakfast, I was thinking eiether pre workout or post-post workout.

What do you guys think?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I think you should cheat ONE day per week.

~SC~

Aggression is offline Member
    Ok, the question still stands.

With what meal, swole?

dr.shred is offline Senior Member
    Personally I like to cheat with breakfast...for instance pancakes.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    It doesn't really matter.... cheating is mainly just to reward yourself for a hard week of strict dieting. Just make sure that your cheat meal isn't too large, so that it doesnt affect your later meals.

longhornDr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggression
    Ok, the question still stands.

With what meal, swole?
    Why not every meal? My results are far better when I have a full day of cheating. You dont want to run your metabolism into the ground being super strict 24/7, it's counter-productive.

Unless you are dieting for a competition of something, in which case I have no experience so SC can answer that.

biofx is offline Junior Member
    Pizza is my favorite. I still drink a shake with it.

My taste buds have adapted to like clean food. I can't eat chinese food, burger king, etc; it's nasty to me. Pizza though, I love.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    depending on your goals i would go with breakfast because it is gonna be used throughout the day if you are active during that day.

Whatever time of day you wish.

If you are handling business the other 6 days of the week, it doesn't make a sh*t bit of difference either way.

Believe me.

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by longhornDr
    Why not every meal? My results are far better when I have a full day of cheating. You dont want to run your metabolism into the ground being super strict 24/7, it's counter-productive.

Unless you are dieting for a competition of something, in which case I have no experience so SC can answer that.

I would agree with you to an extent on that. For someone that is well into their cutting spree this would not hurt at all IMO but for someone just getting warmed up (like me) i think it is best to hold off for awhile.

Alot of people make the mistake and do not cheat, i do and its like you said, a reward for all the hard work put in throughout the week.

xenithon is offline Member
    I have a question about a cheat meal which I am gonna introduce (as muriloninja said it has been a mistake not having one for such a long time ):

I plan to have one cheat meal of virtually anything I want but just to keep a sane amount of calories in the meal, around the same as a normal meal or slightly higher (around 500 or so). Instead of having a chocolate bar is it ok to have one of those bulking protein bars? They are also yummy but I am sure at least a bit better than a straight candy bar

X

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Eat whatever you want when you cheat, Xenithon.

carbs-rule is offline Associate Member
    I would get pizza, and buy turkey pepperoni to put on it. It tastes the same. I hate chinese now just because I have no idea how bad it is. I think an average chinese food lunch has about 1400 calories in it now. Most of the sauces are all refined fat.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    when i have a cheat meal i just stop counting calories and all that...i usually eat clean for the day (without counting too much) and then just go out to have a nice dinner....i found that having an all out day would help me to consume close to 6 - 7000 calories a day and after a while became counter productive....it is OK to do that for maintenance purposes, but i am now dieting for show, so i dont cheat at all

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    I have a question about a cheat meal which I am gonna introduce (as muriloninja said it has been a mistake not having one for such a long time ):

I plan to have one cheat meal of virtually anything I want but just to keep a sane amount of calories in the meal, around the same as a normal meal or slightly higher (around 500 or so). Instead of having a chocolate bar is it ok to have one of those bulking protein bars? They are also yummy but I am sure at least a bit better than a straight candy bar

X

Dude, if you are gonna cheat, cheat well IMO. A protein bar? Hell son, grab a 12 pack and a pizza for gods sake.

Well grab a pizza but might wanna leave the 12 pack out.

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    Dude, if you are gonna cheat, cheat well IMO. A protein bar? Hell son, grab a 12 pack and a pizza for gods sake.

Well grab a pizza but might wanna leave the 12 pack out.
    Or vice versa! 12 pack, screw the pizza.........

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Or vice versa! 12 pack, screw the pizza.........

~SC~

Well i was trying to be a good role model for the boy.

Let it be known, i do not support the use of alcoholic beverages as they poison your mind and make you do crazy things like having wild and rabid sex with a hot chick that you just met....sorry wrong forum...
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-27-2004 at 10:37 AM.

Thread Information