TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member

need to take bulking diet up a knotch???

alrite any opinions will be appreciated....a few words before, i work construction and my diet stays rather consistent (same eating times, food etc..)

630am - turkey bacon club from tim hortons, large juice

9am - peanut butter jelly sandwich, wheat bread (lots of PB), large milk

12pm - big meal, generally try to take in alot of carbs and then add nitro-tech bar to top it off

3-5ish - large portion of pasta, basically eat till i cant eat anymore then 50gram protein shake

5-7ish - nap time

wake up from nap then eat alot of fruit for pre workout snack then start training

post workout - 10 grams glutamine, large intake carbs, pita bread/pasta/oatmeal etc....50 grams protein shake

bedtime meal - 5 oz tuna + 2 large glasses of milk, 15 grams glutamine

+-250 grams protein....

this is my general diet, stats are 5'11 170....straight ectomorph body type...ill post some pics soon to give idea of what i actually look like....advice and opinions appreciated here.....

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    THats an interesting diet.. I know it must be hard because you're working construction but some of those meals are just pointless. Try having pro/fat and pro/carb meals and not just fruit or just pb and milk. You will gain nothing from that. Try hitting a Wendy's or something, get a couple grilled chicken breast sandwiches and just eat the chicken and have some full fat mayo with it for your pro/fat meals. Pro/carb meals could be tuna and some whole weat bread, nothing complicated. Just some suggestions.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Thats an interesting diet..
    Hey Slizzut, when he takes his 10g of glutamine PWO, should he spread this out to 5g in the AM, and 5g before bed?

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Hey Slizzut, when he takes his 10g of glutamine PWO, should he spread this out to 5g in the AM, and 5g before bed?

Yeah it would be better to do that, because hes just slowing down the absorbtion of the protein that hes taking in after his workout.

I would also add creatine PWO.

Quote Originally Posted by slizzut
    Yeah it would be better to do that, because hes just slowing down the absorbtion of the protein that hes taking in after his workout.

I would also add creatine PWO.
    good suggestions, ill try to incorporate them, as for creatine, i tend to cycle it, been taking it for a while and stopped about a month ago, probly get back on it in another month or so

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'm responding to this form the other forum:

You've got a ton of carbs, which unfortunately don't assimilate into lean muscle mass.

You've got very limited protein from what I see, I have no idea how you get to 250 grams of protein. Not COMPLETE proteins for sure, and the forms of protein you have are crappy.

You're missing eggs/steak/chicken/fish/etc. Try eating REAL FOOD in the forms of proteins...........eggs, egg whites, chicken/rice meals, steak and veggies or steak and potatoes if you wish, protein shakes w/water and tons of healthy fats, get those hormones going w/those healthy fats, etc.

You're missing all the tried/true basic foods.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 09-26-2004 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I'm responding to this form the other forum:

You've got a ton of carbs, which unfortunately don't assimilate into lean muscle mass.

You've got very limited protein from what I see, I have no idea how you get to 250 grams of protein. Not COMPLETE proteins for sure, and the forms of protein you have are crappy.

You're missing eggs/steak/chicken/fish/etc. Try eating REAL FOOD in the forms of proteins...........eggs, egg whites, chicken/rice meals, steak and veggies or steak and potatoes if you wish, protein shakes w/water and tons of healthy fats, get those hormones going w/those healthy fats, etc.

You're missing all the tried/true basic foods.

~SC~
    i know its much better to get protein from real foods and i try to do it as much as possible but the problem is the convieniece. that and i cannot stand the tastes of eggs, never have and dont think i ever will, also im not into any seafood except for tuna which i can somewhat tolerate even though i nearly gag everytime i eat it. basically that leaves chicken steak and and tuna....for protein....whats ur opinion on amount of grams of protein i should be taking per day?

fritz2435 is offline Member
    1.5-2 g per lb body weight

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    1.5-2 g per lb body weight
    Yes.

Also bro, why not try salsa or something along that lines to help make the tuna eatable...
    You can also buy pouches of tuna, although they are more expensive...

(13 or so) Almonds, with some tuna/chicken would be a decent pro/fat meal IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    i know its much better to get protein from real foods and i try to do it as much as possible but the problem is the convieniece. that and i cannot stand the tastes of eggs, never have and dont think i ever will, also im not into any seafood except for tuna which i can somewhat tolerate even though i nearly gag everytime i eat it. basically that leaves chicken steak and and tuna....for protein....whats ur opinion on amount of grams of protein i should be taking per day?

Remember your frustrations then re-read the above.

"I try, I can't, I don't think I ever", etc.

Negatives don't get it done.

This goes back to the gear issue. If you've no room for improvements in the area of diet, there is no reason in blue h*ll to even touch gear. Why? W/out the proper building blocks, it'll do nothing.

For you, 2 grams of protein per lb. of LEAN bodyweight, spread out over 6-7 meals. Your post-workout offerings need attention as well, as you are negating a very key time of growth. Check the bulking sticky atop the page for the proper pwo meal set-up, and ancillaries that are utilized.

~SC~

All that complaining/flaming/etc. towards me and I am here to help out, and it gets ignored? Then people wonder why I don't help just anyone, you invest FREE time to help, and it gets ignored.

At least you posted your diet, so it's clear to everyone that your dietary approach WAS WAY below acceptable, hence your frustrations. No more pointing the fingers at us, time to get on a sensible dietary approach and quit comtemplating gear as a way to make up for totally sh*tty eating approaches.

DONE.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 09-29-2004 at 07:28 AM.

Thread Information