se11 is offline Associate Member

light post/pre workout snack

what are some light post and pre workout things to eat. like something before a big meal in an hour and a half or so, just to hold you off after you workout, and something to eat like 20 mins before a workout?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Your PWO should hold you over until your next meal.

eat something(your meal before your workout) an hr before, workout for an hr, the pwo you should just start to be getting hungry again...

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Have a protein/fat meal an 1-1.5 hrs before the gym and a protein shake on your way. Lately, I been experimenting with a protein/dextrose pre-workout and a protein/dextrose shake immediately following my workout. So far I noticied a lot better strength gains while not adding any unwanted water or bodyfat weight. Many guys will tell you that it is a mistake depleting glycogen levels prior to working out but try it out for yourself before you write it off as no good.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    It all depends on what my goals are, but just making a general assumption...

I usually eat a light Carb/Protein meal (25g Carb/40g Protein) an hour or so before hitting the gym, then on the car ride to the gym down an Apple.

Immediately after my workout, I would down another Apple with another Protein shake (40g) then head home and have a moderate Carb/Protein meal after my shower (50g Carb/ 50g Protein).

Like I said, it all depends on your goals. If you're going for performance, muscle growth/maintenance and increased strength, go with the method I posted above.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    what good is an apple in PWO??

dcb

metallicafan4u69 is offline Junior Member
    I think you are all nuts...McDonalds before and Hardees after. Lots of protein and oh, wait...that is sex. Ummm...forget it then. Sorry

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    an apple still does nothing to repair muscle gycogen, not seeing the loogic on this one

dcb

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dalcowbag
    an apple still does nothing to repair muscle gycogen, not seeing the loogic on this one

dcb
    Yeah, an apple pwo is absolutely assinine, for lack of a better censored word, .

Really though, it's pointless/unproductive.

Good "studies" and info in that other thread, (I know all of that as I consider that basic info in regards to nutrition/fitness), but an apple pwo is not a good choice to repair muscle glycogen, as it will do absolutely nothing for recovery.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 09-28-2004 at 07:02 PM.

Thread Information