IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"

no real meal after lifts?

whats up fellas. i am at college now for my first year.

Because of the time that i work out which is around 8 oclock, i cant get any real food or solid food after workouts because dining halls are closed and buying food which i cant cook (not aloud to have grill) would be expensive and lunch meat in the store is pretty crappy to

so is having a liquid meal after work out and then a 2nd liquid meal before bed ok?

including the 2 shakes, i get 5 meals a day

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I'd try to attain some kind of SOLID pwo meal somewhere during the day, and save it for later. You want a fast acting liquid first, then slow/solid offering a short time later.

~SC~

All i can say is get the hell out of the dorms...if that is where you are at which it sounds like you are

Anyways, screw em', get a george forman and cook some chicken breasts for pwo, or go to a friends house and cook it there...

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    All i can say is get the hell out of the dorms...if that is where you are at which it sounds like you are

Anyways, screw em', get a george forman and cook some chicken breasts for pwo, or go to a friends house and cook it there...
    Freshman (me) and sophmores are forced to live in dorms

the G.F. grill is really small right? maybe i can cook like 7 chicken breasts and have em for the week. maybe i can get away with it.

did any one else bring a g.f grill in a dorm when it was against the rules?

but if i kill off a half of gallon a milk and 4 scoops of whey, betweenn like 8:30 and 11:30, would that still not be enough?

eggs are an option too, but they would be such a pain in the ass to get.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    dude get some canned tuna and a can opener and there ya go...solid protein pre cooked and ready to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    but if i kill off a half of gallon a milk and 4 scoops of whey, betweenn like 8:30 and 11:30, would that still not be enough?
    To get fat, sure! For an ideal post-workout muscle meal, no.

~SC~

mfenske is offline Member
    whats up fellas. i am at college now for my first year.

Because of the time that i work out which is around 8 oclock, i cant get any real food or solid food after workouts because dining halls are closed and buying food which i cant cook (not aloud to have grill) would be expensive and lunch meat in the store is pretty crappy to

so is having a liquid meal after work out and then a 2nd liquid meal before bed ok?

including the 2 shakes, i get 5 meals a day
    If they let you have a microwave, nuke some oatmeal and add a little cinnamon or sugar free-fat free Jello Pudding mix. Then for protein nuke a dozen egg whites or so and use a little tabasco on it. Good healthy PPWO meal. Mark

if i eat 6 eggs a day, would that be unhealthy in anyway?

by the way, i just cant stomache tuna

also...here is a diet posted by mikexxl.....WITH NO SOLID FOOD AFTER 6-7CLOCK WORKOUTas far as protein goes
    7:45 250 ml of egg whites
    2 small tortillas, mushrooms, fat free cheese & salsa
    1 English muffin with no sugar added jam & peanut butter
    15 gm of whey protein
    25 gm of oatmeal

10:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

12:45 8 eggs & green onion & light mayo (makes an egg salad)
    3 pieces of whole-wheat bread w/ ham
    1 banana
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 yogurt

3:15 1 1/2 can of tuna
    15 ml of flax seed oil

5:15 120 gm of steak
    20 gm of whey protein
    Mustard
    50 gm of carrots
    5 ml of flax seed oil

1 HOUR TRAINING START 6:00PM to 7:00PM

7:15 60 gm of whey
    5 rice cakes (caramel flavored)
    1 apple
    2.5 ml of flaxseed oil

9:30 125 gm of cottage cheese
    15 gm of whey protein
    1 no sugar added fat free yogurt

TOTAL CARBS: 300 GM – 1200 calories
    TOTAL PROTEIN 320 GM – 1280 calories
    APPROX TOTAL FAT: 63 GM – 567 calories
    TOTAL CALORIES: 3047 calories per day

here is my diet

8:30 wake up-special K and off to class

11:00- 2 massively huge sandwiches-2 roles of turkey 1 role of beef plus lettice on each sand wich. i eat 1.5 sandwiches at this time

2:00-finish last half of huge sandwich

5:30-what ever ever protein source dining hall has-alsways can get reliable meat. portions are unlimited so i can get away with eating about 12 ounces of meat. on trainging days-medium portion of spaghetti-non training days i eat a small portion of spaghetti

7:00-8:30 train

8:45-9:00-over 3 cups of milk plus 40 g whey optimum nutrition

11:30-11:45 same shake as above

comes out to 302 grams of protein
    220 grams of carbs

Are you meaning 6 whole eggs or egg whites? As far as I know there is no super huge danger to eating 6 whole eggs a day. Some might say that it's too much cholesterol. As far as egg whites go, knowck yourself out. They're an excellent source of protein and virtually no fat or cholesterol. Mark

wired-up is offline Member
    if i eat 6 eggs a day, would that be unhealthy in anyway?

by the way, i just cant stomache tuna
    if you're talking whole eggs (with yolk) then you'd be getting 426% of your recommended daily cholesterol in just those eggs. not to mention anything else you eat. take those same 6 eggs and ditch the yolk and you're straight.

i actually just read an article that the yolk in eggs has no negative effect on weight loss or cholesterol. even people with high colesterol can knock themselves out with yolk

i actually just read an article that the yolk in eggs has no negative effect on weight loss or cholesterol. even people with high colesterol can knock themselves out with yolk
    That's wierd, but good news to me i guess if it is accurate. The reason people took out the yolk was so that they could make their breakfast a pro\carb meal...well that's why i do it

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    Dude you can eat food like cottage cheese and buy already cooked chicken breasts that just need to be heated in the microwave for 4 minutes for a good pwo.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    That egg thing is over rated and has no proven cholesterol rating. It is still myth and anyone who says otherwise is going off of parroting info.

I dont see what your problem actually is. Is it just the cost of food since you mentioned you cant afford other meals? Or is it that you dont have a fridge to store uncooked food in????
    If you are gonna be there for a year, chip in with your roomie and buy a small frig to put your food in. It is small but it will make LIFE SO MUCH BETTER. Compromise on what food you guys wanna put in it. The soda and crap can go somewhere else.

Once you have a frig, buy some chicken, cook it up on your NEW GF grill and then put it in the frig for the week. Buy some smelly scents so your room doesnt smell like a sausage factory.

Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    That egg thing is over rated and has no proven cholesterol rating. It is still myth and anyone who says otherwise is going off of parroting info.
    EGGS-actly.

Your body produces it's OWN cholesterol too, from genes in the family.

The entire egg thing is OVERBLOWN!

~SC~

Ok this is what i found in muscle and fitness mag. i know how it goes so you guys can flame away. (on them not me)

research now suggests that not only are the saturated and unsaturated fats found in eggs good for us, there also not readily deposited as bodyfat. in fact it appears t hat even cholesterol challenged folk can eat egg yols without worrying about conswquences to their health

1 egg contains 570 mg of omega-6fattyacids and some goood stuff

connecticut study

chol in yolks doesnt up ldl chol

Quote Originally Posted by bermich

I dont see what your problem actually is. Is it just the cost of food since you mentioned you cant afford other meals? Or is it that you dont have a fridge to store uncooked food in????
    If you are gonna be there for a year, chip in with your roomie and buy a small frig to put your food in. It is small but it will make LIFE SO MUCH BETTER. Compromise on what food you guys wanna put in it. The soda and crap can go somewhere else.

Once you have a frig, buy some chicken, cook it up on your NEW GF grill and then put it in the frig for the week. Buy some smelly scents so your room doesnt smell like a sausage factory.

i have a frig, i have a mic in my dorm. the problem is where do i get the food. My college aint in kansas anymore. in fact, its in the middle of freaking nowhere. i have to take a bus over the highway to get to a freaking store. and i dont know of anywhere to buy meat in any of those stores. i dont think i can afford to buy 7 chicken breasts everyweek. overtime that will add up to money i dont have. already, i spend a buck90 on mile evrday. idunno or maybe chicken breast might be cheaper than i thought. but i dont know of anywhere i can get them. my college is waaaaay out in the country and i dont have the busness available that i have back home.

wired-up is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    EGGS-actly.

Your body produces it's OWN cholesterol too, from genes in the family.

The entire egg thing is OVERBLOWN!

~SC~
    good to hear. I guess I was just mis-informed. oh, BTW, swole, I sent you a PM, but you can disregard it.

i have a frig, i have a mic in my dorm. the problem is where do i get the food. My college aint in kansas anymore. in fact, its in the middle of freaking nowhere. i have to take a bus over the highway to get to a freaking store. and i dont know of anywhere to buy meat in any of those stores. i dont think i can afford to buy 7 chicken breasts everyweek. overtime that will add up to money i dont have. already, i spend a buck90 on mile evrday. idunno or maybe chicken breast might be cheaper than i thought. but i dont know of anywhere i can get them. my college is waaaaay out in the country and i dont have the busness available that i have back home.
    Sam's club or Costco when you go home will do wonders for you. Buy some stuff in bulk and keep it in the freezer. BTW what kind of store doesn't sell meat? You say you're in a rural area, call some of the farms in the area. I bet they'd sell ya some meats. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wired-up
    good to hear. I guess I was just mis-informed. oh, BTW, swole, I sent you a PM, but you can disregard it.
    Never got it, but will do if it arrives.

~SC~

Thread Information