Thread: My Diet

ryan26 is offline Junior Member

my diet

Does this look ok to you guys? Usually I consume about 4500 to 5000 calories a day. For example, yesterday I ate 2800 calories of carbs(700grams), 1200 calories of protein(300grams), and 1170 calories from fats(130grams). Am I taking in to much fat? 130 calories of that fat are from flax oil, and the rest is from fish cakes, milk, mayo, and bread. I'm trying to bulk up, but I don't want to gain mostly fat-weight. I was thinking maybe I could shave off a few fat grams by switching to skim milk, and taking the skin off the chicken I eat unless my fat intake seems normal. I have put on some thickness around my waist, but it's nothing outrageous. I know I need fat along with everything else to gain, but could I still gain while taking in less fat?
    Last edited by ryan26; 03-07-2002 at 12:26 AM.

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Kill the fish cakes and add fresh broiled or baked fish. Kill the mayo replace with mustard. Skim milk may not have much affect over whole milk beause if you are using it to lighten coffee people tend to use more. Also skim milk is higher in sugar than whole milk and higher in carbos (directly related).

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm with Beenie. Mayop is a big no no. Also defiantely take the skin off of your chicken. Fish cakes are mostly salted bits, mixed with breading and they are usually par-fried in oil before being frozen...not a good choice (but they do taste good ).

Can you be a little more specific with what you're eating Ryan? For example what kind of protein (chicken breasts, lean steak, etc...) and what kind of carbs (white rice or brown, white bread or wheat, pastas, etc....)

ryan26 is offline Junior Member
    For protein I eat tuna(that's where the mayo comes in) chicken legs and breasts, protein shakes, eggs, milk, hamburgers (I don't get much protein from fish because it either doesn't taste good, or I'm not sure how to cook it, and it's expensive) Carbohydrates I get from white rice, bread, oatmeal, honey, and my post workout drink which has 215grams in it. I also eat one lean cuisine, or green giant bag of chicken and mixed veggies per day. They're pretty low in fat, high in protein, high in calories, and quick to make.
    Last edited by ryan26; 03-07-2002 at 04:15 PM.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I would drop the fat at least half it that is a lot 130g a day.

Thread Information