Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member

Early morning cutting diet...

Hey Bros. This newbie needs some advise. I read the stickies and due to my job, have some limitations to what I can and can't have...

I work out one hour from when I wake up (10-15 mins to get ready, 30 min commute)

This is what my diet currently is:

Meal 1 44 grams of protein from Whey powder caffine pill (immediately after I wake up)
    Work out for an hour.
    Meal 2 PWO: English muffin, two whole egg, non fat free cheese sandwich with 8oz’s of OJ plus 44 grams of protein from Whey powder
    Meal 3 44 grams of protein from Whey powder w/salmon oil pill
    Meal 4 Either chicken breast or lean steak, with salad/ no carbs
    Meal 5 44 grams of protein from Whey powder w/salmon oil pill
    Meal 6 Either chicken breast or lean steak, with salad/ no carbs

Also, I probably go through a gallon of water a day.

Now I said there are limitations, Monday-Friday, there is NO way I can have a can a tuna until after 5pm (when I leave work). My boss can't stand the smell, and is so strict about breaks, I'd have to sacrifice holding in my piss to go outside and eat a can of tuna. There is only a microwave available at work.

Thanks in advance

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Where is all your cardio? What does your schedule appear like on days you do NOT weight train? You are also lacking fats in a very desperate way.

Check that sticky once more my man.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Where is all your cardio? What does your schedule appear like on days you do NOT weight train? You are also lacking fats in a very desperate way.

Check that sticky once more my man.

~SC~
    When I say work out, I do cardio. My schedules pretty much the same on days I don't train. I'll check the cutting sticky again, thanks...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    You are not eating before doing cardio are you? Please tell me you are'nt....

Like SC said, you have no EFA's in your diet plan...remember your meals should be either pro/carb or pro/fat. Never mix carbs w/ fats.

We all make sacrifices in one way or another, buy some tuna and put some whole fat mayo in it. Who cares what your boss does'nt like, i would think you could eat whatever you wanted unless you work in a communist run company?

If you are gonna take and ECA, take that before your cardio on an empty stomach, perform cardio at 65-75% max HR for 45-1hr.

220-age * .7 = your target HR

Good luck....
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-29-2004 at 07:47 AM.

Maybe I need to start a new trend because I now have two new questions after re-reading the cutting cycle sticky...I'll ask here before I do that.

I wake up at 6:00am, take 15mins to get ready and I'm at my gym at about 6:45. Should I bother eating ANYthing before I start? If I should eat something, should I eat it when I first wake up, or should I eat immediately before I lift?

As far as PWO goes, I still need to separate carbs and fat, right? So a few egg whites on an english muffin is better than whole eggs, ham and cheese, on an english muffin right?

Quote Originally Posted by Boost n Juice
    As far as PWO goes, I still need to separate carbs and fat, right? So a few egg whites on an english muffin is better than whole eggs, ham and cheese, on an english muffin right?

Your PWO should consist of 2:1 ratio of Pro/Dex (ex: 40gPro/80gDex) of course this would be after lifting not cardio, otherwise if you are just doing cardio, just have your 1st meal of the day 45 minutes after cardio.

5-6 egg whites maybe eat 2 whole (w/ yolk), oats are a slow burning carb and you could implement them into your diet on cardio days if you so choose.
    Get ahold of some flax or Udo's Oil as it is a good source of EFA's.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-29-2004 at 07:54 AM.

[QUOTE=muriloninja]

your diet on cardio daysQUOTE]

I'm a newbie so I'm eager to learn, but will have questions. I posted my workout on the workout section. As of right now I work out 5 days a week, but I do a 5 min medium intensity cardio warm up, lift, and then do 15 more minutes of high intensity cardio. I don't have any exclusively cardio days. Every day after lifting to do cardio. For the best cutting results, I should separate lifting and cardio days, correct?

[QUOTE=Boost n Juice]
    Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja

your diet on cardio daysQUOTE]

I'm a newbie so I'm eager to learn, but will have questions. I posted my workout on the workout section. As of right now I work out 5 days a week, but I do a 5 min medium intensity cardio warm up, lift, and then do 15 more minutes of high intensity cardio. I don't have any exclusively cardio days. Every day after lifting to do cardio. For the best cutting results, I should separate lifting and cardio days, correct?
    15 minutes high intensity or not is'nt gonna help you, if your goal is to lose BF you must do 45-1hr at your target HR.

You can do cardio and lift on the same day, just split them up. I do cardio in the morning at 6am for 50 minutes then go back at 6pm to lift.

Cardio should be at least 5 days a week IMO...some say 5-7 days but its all about being realistic and how bad you want it..

Thread Information