Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member

Please critique my MID-LIFE PLAN

Hawkman's Mid-life Plan

Profile:
    32 years old
    225 lbs
    17% BF
    5’10

I have been working out since I was 14 years old. Despite lifting weights 5 days a week, lack of cardio and poor eating habits have put an extra 15 lbs of FAT on my frame over the past 4 years. I am married with two kids and until about 6 months ago I used that as my excuse to eat like crap and not to train as hard as I should. I was diagnosed with low Testosterone levels about two months ago and was recently prescribed TRT.

At 19 yrs old, when I was in the Marines, I was 200lbs and 7% BF… all natural. I don’t expect to get back like that, but I would love to get down to 12% BF and keep most of the muscle I have now.

Cycle:
    200mg of Test-C every 4th Day
    10mg of Nolva ED
    .25 of Letro ED
    I have Clomid and HCG for PCT
    (All doctor prescribed)

Daily routine:
    9:00 am – ECA Stack & water

9:15 am – 1 hour on Treadmill (approx 70% of max)

11:00 am – 1 cup of Oatmeal / 3 egg white / cup of coffee / Water / Flax

12:30 pm – Protein shake (2-scoops of Whey Protein with ˝ cup of low sugar OJ & ˝ cup of water and ˝ banana and 2 frozen strawberries.) B-12 vitamin.

1:00-2:30 pm – weight workout (drink lots of water during)

2:45 pm – Protein shake (2-scoops of Whey Protein with ˝ cup of skim milk & ˝ cup of water and ˝ banana and 2 frozen strawberries…will add Dextrose.) Multi-vitamin.

3:30 pm – Chicken breast or lean steak or salmon steak with small sweet potato or brown rice. (Once or twice a week I sub this meal with a large Tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat bread with mini carrots)

Mid day snack – 20 plain almonds

7:00 pm – Chicken breast or lean steak or salmon steak with small sweet potato or brown rice with green veggies. (Sometimes I will add a romaine salad with Italian dressing)

9:00 pm - 1 cup of fat free/low carb frozen yogurt or hand full of almonds with lots of water and flax.

*I drink at least 1 gallon of water per day.
    *I eat a cheat meal on Monday night; usually pizza and wings or pasta with turkey sauce and garlic bread.
    *I drink a glass of Red Wine with dinner 3-times a week (mon/tues/wed)

I have been on this routine for two weeks and I’m already starting to see definition in abs and cuts in upper body and legs. I am not weighing myself, I want to go by the mirror for the first month or so, and then I will hit the scale and get the body fat re-measured.

I would love any and all comments about this plan. I’m not a kid so don’t worry about hurting my feelings. I am very good at taking advice and would really love some from the vets and gurus here on this board.

Thanks so much,
    Hawkman

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    check out the cutting sticky bro, you def need some EFA;s and PWO and PPWO meal

dcb

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman44

SUGGESTIONS IN CAPS

Daily routine:
    9:00 am – ECA Stack & water

9:15 am – 1 hour on Treadmill (approx 70% of max)

11:00 am – 1 cup of Oatmeal / 3 egg white / cup of coffee / Water / Flax
    ALOT MORE EGG WHITES, DROP THE OATMEAL. DONT DRINK COFFEE SO IM NOT SURE WHAT THE NUTRITIONAL VALUES ARE. PRO/FAT I.E. WHITES AND FLAX IS WHAT YOU SHOULD GO FOR HERE

12:30 pm – Protein shake (2-scoops of Whey Protein with ˝ cup of low sugar OJ & ˝ cup of water and ˝ banana and 2 frozen strawberries.) B-12 vitamin.
    NO SUGARS WHAT SO OVER. IF YOU WANT A PROTEIN SHAKE SOMETIME IN THE MORNING, MAYBE DRINK THE SHAKE FOR YOUR POST CARDIO MEAL AND EAT THE WHITES HERE WITH SOME OTHER EFA

1:00-2:30 pm – weight workout (drink lots of water during)

2:45 pm – Protein shake (2-scoops of Whey Protein with ˝ cup of skim milk & ˝ cup of water and ˝ banana and 2 frozen strawberries…will add Dextrose.) Multi-vitamin.
    FRUIT IS A BAD SOURCE OF SUGAR, ESPECIALLY PWO. IT GETS DIGESTED BY THE KIDNEYS. MILK ALSO SLOWS DIGESTION WHICH YOU DO NOT WANT PWO. STICK WITH THE PROTEIN/DEX.

3:30 pm – Chicken breast or lean steak or salmon steak with small sweet potato or brown rice. (Once or twice a week I sub this meal with a large Tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat bread with mini carrots)
    I WOULD STICK WITH JUST THE CHICKEN BREAST W/ EITHER SWEET POTATO OR THE BROWN RICE. EVEN THOUGH THE STEAK IS LEAN YOU STILL WANT NEXT TO ZERO GRAMS OF FAT FOR THIS MEAL IF POSSIBLE. SALMON HAS FAT IN IT AS WELL

Mid day snack – 20 plain almonds
    A SERVING OF ALMONDS IS A GOOD CHOICE TO ADD TO A PRO/FAT MEAL BUT NEVER CONSUME IT BY ITSELF, ESPECIALLY IN THIS QUANTITY

7:00 pm – Chicken breast or lean steak or salmon steak with small sweet potato or brown rice with green veggies. (Sometimes I will add a romaine salad with Italian dressing)
    SALMON WOULD BE A GREAT CHOICE HERE. NO CARBS HERE

9:00 pm - 1 cup of fat free/low carb frozen yogurt or hand full of almonds with lots of water and flax.
    NOT NEARLY ENOUGH PROTEIN. PERSONALLY I WOULD MAKE THIS A PROTEIN SHAKE/FLAX MEAL BEFORE BED

*I drink at least 1 gallon of water per day.
    *I eat a cheat meal on Monday night; usually pizza and wings or pasta with turkey sauce and garlic bread.
    *I drink a glass of Red Wine with dinner 3-times a week (mon/tues/wed)
    IF YOU SERIOUSLY WANT TO BURN THE FAT IN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME, SAVE THE ALCOHOL FOR PIZZA AND WING NIGHT.

I have been on this routine for two weeks and I’m already starting to see definition in abs and cuts in upper body and legs. IF YOU ARE ALREADY SEEING RESULTS AND YOU IMPROVE THIS DIET, YOU WILL BE EXTREMELY HAPPY
    Hawkman
    GOOD LUCK BRO,

-OST

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    OSTIE had great suggestions, I am not a veteran of the board but here goes anyway...I will tell you when I am leaning out, I cant eat but one serving of fruit a day (that would be 1 banana for example). I have to cut out all the breads, drink my protein shake at 7:00am (post morning cardio) then follow up with my 9:00 am breakfast. Fish is always a great choioce and not just Salmon but Talapia is good. I cant have red meat late at night so I eat mine earlier. I would Cut out the milk also. When you get to where you want you can add some stuff back in. Good luck to you, the science of the diet and figuring out what each persons body responds to without going insane is an art.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    for a dude your size, i would eat more, if ya wanna save alll your mass. 3 eggwhites in the mornin wouldnt hack it for me, and im under 200. I also would throw in some protien with those 20 almonnds. I have no idea how much protien is in almonds cuz i don't eat'em but they have good fats in them.
    if your gonna juice, then i would def eat more protien. You could have 8 eggwhites at your size in the morning.
    JMO

Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member
    You guys (and gal) are awesome! Thanks so much for the help! I think i'm starting to understand the method to the maddness now. I'm going to re-work the diet and repost it.

Anymore opinions before I try to build a new and improved diet plan?????

Thread Information