Thread: Dite Question

Hardball1783 is offline Associate Member

Diet Question

Hey need some help. My work schedule is 10pm-6:30am mon-fri. And sat and sunday off. Should i go straight to the gym after i get of and do cardio and also weight training or should i go home and sleep and do it later also my lunch time is at 3am. I bring food with me to eat like chicken and veggies. I also get 2, 15min breaks. If i go to the gym once i get off the first meal would be what? What foods should i be eating since it is late, between 10pm to 6:30am what are some good foods and what are the bad ones And anything else i need to know to eat good since my work time is not that good. Please help me thanks.
    Last edited by Hardball1783; 09-16-2004 at 05:12 PM.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    go to the cutting/bulking sticky my friend

dcb

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball1783
    Hey need some help. My work schedule is 10pm-6:30am mon-fri. And sat and sunday off. Should i go straight to the gym after i get of and do cardio and also weight training or should i go home and sleep and do it later also my lunch time is at 3am. I bring food with me to eat like chicken and veggies. I also get 2, 15min breaks. If i go to the gym once i get off the first meal would be what? What foods should i be eating since it is late, between 10pm to 6:30am what are some good foods and what are the bad ones And anything else i need to know to eat good since my work time is not that good. Please help me thanks.

S T I C K I E S ! ! ! !

I looked there but i still need help on my training should i go straight from work or go home and sleep then train and what should i be eating sine i work over night and it is late.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    whenever you feel you'll have the most energy..and i would not do lifting and cardio back to back..it will be counter productive and probably send you to a state of catabolism...PWO is VERY important and it's importnant to get it immediately after ur done lifting and it's kinda hard to do cardio w/ a shake in ur stomach

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    I looked there but i still need help on my training should i go straight from work or go home and sleep then train and what should i be eating sine i work over night and it is late.
    i work shifts and when on nights i just alter everything to accomidate that shift.me personally i could't train after nightshift just to tired so i usually train about 7.00pm.but you need to find what works for you.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I looked there but what should i be eating sine i work over night and it is late.
    No matter what time of day/night you train, the "EATING" information you requested again in the above, is still housed in the stickies.

~SC~

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    If i were you..i would go to the gym to do cardio right after waking up...then go to work...then lift after work...

This would be the best formula IMO.

As said above....read the stickies cutting/bulking and then go from there...you will recieve alot of help with your diet...look around at other peoples diet plans as a place to start...just add in or cut out what you need or do not need.

Depends if you are cutting or bulking....I do not see any need in you eating anything different than someone that works 1st shift and is cutting or bulking...you are just doing it at night..No difference assuming your body is used to that schedule?
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-17-2004 at 10:28 AM.

I am on a cutting diet. I just got done cardio. I got off at 6:30am and came home and went to sleep then woke up and did my cardio. Also i had my PWO meal. I feel so good since i started my diet. Also what types of food should i be eating since i work over night.

The TooL is offline Junior Member
    Also what types of food should i be eating since i work over night.
    ummm im gonna take a long shot with this one but i think u should be eating the same foods as you would during the day. bring food with u if u have too.

Quote Originally Posted by The TooL
    ummm im gonna take a long shot with this one but i think u should be eating the same foods as you would during the day. bring food with u if u have too.

~SC~

Relax man, eat normal foods that the rest of us eat. Like i said, there is no difference between the foods i eat (1st shift person) and the foods you eat.

Its all food and its good for you.

Eat dam you, eat!

Buy a cooler and carry it around with you wherever you go, i am in class right now and my cooler is sitting right beside me. After awhile it will become second nature to you.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-21-2004 at 07:37 PM.

I just got done doing cardio about 15min ago. I went and rode my bike for 6 miles. When i was riding back i felt dizzy, and once i got home and walked in my house i throw up. Now i did not eat anything before i did cardio all i had was a bottle of water so what was the reason that it happened. If anyone knows help me please.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    I just got done doing cardio about 15min ago. I went and rode my bike for 6 miles. When i was riding back i felt dizzy, and once i got home and walked in my house i throw up. Now i did not eat anything before i did cardio all i had was a bottle of water so what was the reason that it happened. If anyone knows help me please.

Dehydration.

You probably went way to hard, you must remember to stay in your target heart range for 45m-1hr.

Ok that might of been what it was plus i had not used my bike in a while. I would use my treadmill for cardio but i wanted to switch up. Also is it ok to eat a small meal before cardio or not and what would be my target heart rate I am 250 pounds and 6 feet tall.

no meal before cardio.

what should be my target heart rate

Target heart rate formula:

220 - "age" x .7 (just stay within 60-75% max HR, i like 75% personally)

I am 25, so mine would be 220 - 25 = 195 x.75 = target HR of 146

No meal before cardio..and if you are gonna take an ECA, you could take it before cardio.

Your target HR might not feel like you are doing much but believe me this is the key to burning fat. Just remember to do at least 45 minutes.

Good luck....

Mentally strong.........u have to be mentally strong.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Mentally strong.........u have to be mentally strong.

~SC~

That brings up a good point, alot of lifters do not realise that your mental state plays a huge role in your success/failure. I have seen some lifters quit becuase of the "burn" etc...When i do legs and the burn is **** near unbearable..i keep going because i know that this is the point where my muscles are getting the most benifit.

I bring up legs because we all know it can be a bitch and i do get the natural feeling to stop but you have to work through it and afterwards you will see the results. I had a really good leg workout this week and this reminded me of the mental state you must have to be succesful.

cheers...
    Last edited by Panzerfaust; 09-25-2004 at 07:15 AM.

My target heart is 165 (220-20=200*.75=165) So how do i know that i am staying in the target rate.

you will need to buy a heart rate monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mass Quest
    you will need to buy a heart rate monitor
    Yep!

Also your gym should have HR monitors on the equipment as well.

How much would one cost to buy

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    How much would one cost to buy
    if you can use AR then i am sure you can use a yahoo search engine. . daaaamn

dcb

I went and bought one today. It is a good one now i can use it when i do cardio.

Also any other things u guys have heard about diets let me know. Thanks.

I replied to your PM and thats about all i can do for you, you have got to research...use the search function.

Also any other things u guys have heard about diets?
    Yeah, that they work if they are set-up properly, and all variables are carried out impeccably until the final results are delivered.

~SC~

Hey waz up what other cardio is good to do instead of treadmill, on the track, etc....

Thread Information