DoctaBig is offline Member

blender meals???

I have a question for you dietary guys, what is your take on blender meals???

I am not a breakfast person, so today i just put 8 eggs, a scoup of whey, and 3/4 cup of cooked oatmeal, and two packets of splenda in the blender. You guys may think its gross, but i like it 1000% more than eating all that crap seperatly. Do you guys think there is a loss of nutritional content. Not as far as total macros/calories, but rather through absorption issues. Do you think the same benefit is acheived as eating and chewing all these items seperatly???

I have my opinion, just curious what others think!!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    i dont think its gross, i take tuna and olive oil and put it in the blender and drink it

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Tuna and oil is one thing (meaning you only have to worry about swallowing it, ) but I'd never drink raw eggs out of a blender.

I've had salmonella before and spent 2 days in the hospital. It was not a fun time.

Many may argue, "yeah, but the odds of that are blah blah", however, I'm a Vegas man myself, and these are odds I'd never chance.

~SC~

Boost n Juice is offline Associate Member
    Two ways you have egg whites without contracting anything...

You just wash the outside of the shells with dishwashing soap. Just running them under water will do nothing.

They have a product called Egg Whites which is 100% pasterized egg whites. They are in little milk type cartons next to egg beaters. Usually works out to be only a few cents more per serving than an actual egg and it's a lot easier to pour it, than it is wash, crack and separate the eggs.

oh...forgot to mention. The eggs were hard boiled already not raw. I wish i could do raw egg's, but my medical education prevents me from pushing the envelope. lol tuna and oil sounds good......BLAHHHH!!!! I think i'll try it

How about the question though? do you think absorbtion AUC is affected??? Swole???

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Heres one for your blender, I just did it, it came out like ice cream, mmm!

1 cold cup of strong black coffee (with artificial sweeteners if you like)
    40g choc whey
    20g choc miceller casein
    10 - 12 large ice cubes

Tastes fantastic, try it guys & let me know what you think.

that sounds good...must need some sweetner though???

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Yeah, I put 3, virtually calorie free, sweeteners in the coffee when I made it. I then had a shower while the coffee cooled then blended it up. I've done these loads of times but this time the ratios were better, I think the trick is less liquid - more ice, comes out like a Mr Whippy! (You guys have Mr Whippy right?)

Thread Information