edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Wink hey guys started that bodyopus diet is it any good

Holly cow i didnt know i could do it, i cut all carbs and eat about 10g a day.

I eat protein and good fats, no saturated , i have been doing this for about a week now and am at the point of carbing up.

How much time can i stay on this diet, i kind of like it becose its gonna help me cure a big sweet tooth for candy and stuff and have the physique i want.

Anyone else tryed it?

caseylee is offline Junior Member
    i dont have a answer for you ... but i do have a question ... what have u been eating while on this diet ...? just asking ...

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Let us know how you do on it. I have heard mixed reviews.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Some say it work some say it don,t.I personally believe if you drop the carbs too low it will effect the body,s ability to absorb the protein - let us know how it goes

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well he isnt' cutting out all of his carbs but that is low. I usually consider a low carb diet about 200-500 carbs a day. 500 being the max total for all day. I hardly ever get up to that, I stay around 250 probally. i do agree With ya Billy (like that is a surprise), but I have no proof to back that up. But it is true that you body will use protein for fuel if you don't have enough carbs and that can be a bad thing!

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Sicilian he said he is taking in 10g a day which is 40 cals and IMO that is far to low.It needs to be higher than that like the amount you take

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    i agree, definitely need more carbs than 10g a day! your body needs carbs to take care of its daily processes. you can still be on a low carb diet and eat anywhere from 1-1.5 g of carbs per pound of bodyweight.

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Guys... not to play devil's advocate here, but understand that a ketogenic diet (a diet below 100 grams of carbs per day), replaces ketone bodies in the absence of carbs. Whether these ketones are in enough abundance to build or maintain muscle mass is the cause of debate. The body can handle normal functions quite nicely with little or no complications when using ketones for energy. How this fits into the world of bodybuilding is not completely known simply because there are just not enough studies on it.

I went on a CKD for six weeks to some interesting results. Lack of energy was certainly not a problem, by any means. In fact, I gained more energy. The problem I ran into is that the body seemed to adapt the cycles of low-carb/high carb, and the carb up period was not doing what it was intended to, which is replace lost glycogen stores without storing fat. Granted... I may have gotten a little lax in tracking the timing and amount of such carbs, but overall... I felt after 6 weeks, it was time for a change.

Thread Information