gide0n is offline New Member

Need nutitrional advising...

How bad are these lean gourmet meals? I have been buying the glazed chicken (vegetables in Sauce with White Chicken and Rice) for a couple of weeks now and mixing them in with a can of tuna. I am an ecto-morph, pretty hard for me to gain weight. I am just wondering how bad this is for me considering there are probably preservatives and such galore.

Nutrition wise the facts don't look so bad:

Total Fat 3.5
    Sat fat 1g
    Cholesterol 30mg
    Sodium 740mg
    Total Carbs 46g
    Dietary Fiber 2g
    Sugars 9g
    Protein 10g

Then add the tuna nutrition values in.

I am in college. I don't have a lot of money or time but then again I don't really want to compromise my health either. Any thoughts guys?

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well the rice isnt the best choice and the sauces and glazes add in a lot of artificial stuff...just make sure that you know how many servings are in one box because those numbers you have are per serving and some of those meals count as two servings, which can double those numbers. though i never really advocate pre packaged TV dinners, i guess they can be fit into a diet for someone trying to bulk as an ecto.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    They are sh*tty processed food choices.

I know you are in school, but I don't sugar coat my thoughts.

~SC~

gide0n is offline New Member
    Thank you guys for answering, and especially swole cat. I was really hoping you would respond inparticular. I will research the board, try to come up with some cheap and easy food preperations for myself. Thanks guys

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gide0n
    Thank you guys for answering, and especially swole cat. I was really hoping you would respond inparticular.

No problem bro. If you have access to heat those meals, you can quickly prepare much healthier ones, and make a lot of each of the foods to have on-hand already cooked. (meats, rice, etc.)

~SC~

Thread Information