swest is offline Banned

ok guys i read your stickys...

...And i found the info breathtaking, so much i didnt know, ive been working out for a couple of years and have always had extremely har to gain weight... I posted my diet here but you all agreed that it was probably the reason why i dont make any good gains. So please guys help me uot a little, since im from sweden i had a hard time translating some things, and i didnt get the meaning of others.
    I want to get big, and im ready to do anything. I weigh about 140 and im 178cm in lenght.

I would love to get proposals about good diets, and also i would be glad if i could straighten some things out...
    Like the use of Dextrose.
    Glutemine
    Glutin
    Maltodextrin
    Omega 3
    BCAAS
    L-glutamin

i understand it must seem very lasy of me to post them like this hoping to get the explained but i just cant completely understand the stuckys so i dont have any other way of knowing...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    The stickies contain all the info as to how to lay out your meals as well. You'll definitely want to do that.

~SC~

swest is offline Banned
    maybe we can try to work something out togheter...Ive taken a diet from the stickys and changed it a little,

Meal 1

8 Egg Whites, 1 Scoop Of Whey Protein, 1 cup oatmeal

50g protein / 54g carbs / 5g fat

Meal 2

Lean Ground Beef, green veggies

Meal 3:

Chicken Breast, 1 and a half cup Brown Rice

2 Cans of Tuna, 1 Tbsp Full Fat Mayonnaise, Veggies

Workout

Meal 5

2 Scoops Whey Protein / 80g of Dextrose

Meal 6 PPWO

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, ½ cup Brown Rice (Measured Uncooked)

50g protein / 70g carbs / 3g fat

Meal 7:

Lean Protein of your choice, 2 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter

Meal 8:

3 Scoops of Whey Protein, 1.5 Tbsp. Flax Seed Oil

Swiss cheese, what is that? i dont know if we have it in sweden, can you guys tip me of something else of equal value.
    And how much ground beef you think i should eat? Oz?

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Swiss cheese is just a type of cheese. You can use any fat source pretty much... lean beef, almonds, peanuts, cashews, natty PB, olive oil, flax oil, sunflower seeds, mayo, canola oil, fish oil....

Diet looks good man, you'll def gain with that.

xenithon is offline Member
    Looks very good I must say. Just a few things I would change to tweak it:

- Swap meals 3 and 4 around. That way you have a series of P/F meals (2 & 3) and then a P/C meal preworkout which is preferable.
    - Meal 8 get some slower acting protein than whey. Some cottage cheese is almost a staple around here, but if it's not to your liking try another slower acting lean protein source to go along with the flax such as casein powder, tuna, chicken, eggwhites etc.

Other than that it's a very solid, well put together plan!

Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Looks very good I must say. Just a few things I would change to tweak it:

- Meal 8 get some slower acting protein than whey. Some cottage cheese is almost a staple around here, but if it's not to your liking try another slower acting lean protein source to go along with the flax such as casein powder, tuna, chicken, eggwhites etc.

Other than that it's a very solid, well put together plan!
    his bed time shake is fine, he has the 1.5 flax, cottage cheese taste like dog shat IMO.

and i dont see why switching 3 and 4 around will do anything for his WO, he doesn't say how much time is between each, carbs take more than an hr to be used, he will be using his breakfast, and probably HIS meal 3 in his WO, so i say leave it bro...

Oh well, so much for trying....no need to shoot down everything I said

In terms of swapping the meals - it is under the assumption that the meal is at least an hour or two before the workout. In that case I think it is preferable to have a P/C meal rather than P/F.

In terms of prebed - of course whey is ok especially since the flax oil is there to slow it down. However it will still only last perhaps till halfway through the night, in which case CC is a better choice. I am talking in terms of what may yield better results, not what tastes better (hell yeah I would rather have a chocolate whey shake rather than CC but its all about compromise).

Please note what I said in my post: "Looks very good I must say. Just a few things I would change to tweak it" and I emphasize TWEAK. The diet is extremely well put together but in terms of effectiveness that are tiny tweaks he may want to try out. I do not think they are major obstables at all!

X

swest is offline Banned
    Oh well, so much for trying....no need to shoot down everything I said

In terms of swapping the meals - it is under the assumption that the meal is at least an hour or two before the workout. In that case I think it is preferable to have a P/C meal rather than P/F.

In terms of prebed - of course whey is ok especially since the flax oil is there to slow it down. However it will still only last perhaps till halfway through the night, in which case CC is a better choice. I am talking in terms of what may yield better results, not what tastes better (hell yeah I would rather have a chocolate whey shake rather than CC but its all about compromise).

Please note what I said in my post: "Looks very good I must say. Just a few things I would change to tweak it" and I emphasize TWEAK. The diet is extremely well put together but in terms of effectiveness that are tiny tweaks he may want to try out. I do not think they are major obstables at all!

X
    very good posting friend, just one question, what is cc? a kind of protein yes but is it a special brand? in that case i may not be able to find it in Sweden...

Hi There,

CC aint a special kind of protein it stands for cottage cheese. Actually seeing that you are in Sweden you should be able to get Quark - that is a helluva better option IMO. It's virtually fat free, much fewer carbs than cottage cheese, more protein, virtually no salt, and most importantly tastes fantastic!

X

oh and to )(PimP JuicE)( - I meant no offense with my re-post . Was just trying to clarify my position (diet tweaking rather than mandatory changes)

Ciao,
    X

swest is offline Banned
    talking about a scoop of protein powder but how much is a scoop in grams?
    Also, one cup of outmeal how much is that?

swest is offline Banned
    Hi There,

CC aint a special kind of protein it stands for cottage cheese. Actually seeing that you are in Sweden you should be able to get Quark - that is a helluva better option IMO. It's virtually fat free, much fewer carbs than cottage cheese, more protein, virtually no salt, and most importantly tastes fantastic!

X
    well i was just wondering, i have some weightagain powder and som kasein protein just laying around, how can i use this? as complement or should they replace entire dinners? keep in mind im an ecto so all the calories i can swallow are good ones...

oh and to )(PimP JuicE)( - I meant no offense with my re-post . Was just trying to clarify my position (diet tweaking rather than mandatory changes)

Ciao,
    X
    It's cool bro. I don't take anything people say here to heart...

Thread Information