helios is offline Associate Member

pro/carb meal before gym

I read somewhere (prob mens health) that eating a small pro/carb meal before going to the gym will assist in gaining lean muscle mass.

I was thinking about doing this, but I wanted to know can anyone else can vouch for this?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Never heard that one meal before working out will do this.

Nope.

~SC~

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helios
    I read somewhere (prob mens health) that eating a small pro/carb meal before going to the gym will assist in gaining lean muscle mass.

I was thinking about doing this, but I wanted to know can anyone else can vouch for this?
    I think the basis behind that is the availability of energy for a more intense workout. It has to be timed correctly, based on the type of pro / carbs you are eating.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Its personal preference... Some people feel a pro/carb preWO meal gives them an energy boost, others feel it makes them drowsy... Whatever works for you... Personally, I always eat pro/carb while bulking, and while cutting I only eat pro/carb before heavy leg days.

Aggression is offline Member
    For the last 4 weeks I have added a pre workout meal (eaten about an hour before my first set) consisting of 1/2 cup of oatmeal, a fuji apple, 1 liter of water, and a Muscle Milk protein shake mixed with the Hood fat free dairy beverage.

I could swear it feels like I have more energy and intensity in the gym.

Than again maybe it's just in my head.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    For me it gives a mental advantage. It doesnt realy make me stronger or more energetic, but it gives me the feeling that I should be and that feeling can give me the edge in the gym. Sounds silly but thats how it works for me

Thread Information