jaja is offline New Member

getting no where

5.11/154lbs/9%b/f/32yrs.been training for many yrs and not making any gains.i'm very lean and defined but not too big.would like to get to about 12st and have tried everything,for the last 6yrs i have been eating 6 meals a day drinking loads of whey and myoplex shakes and creatine,eating all the right foods.i train really intensely 4 times a week and tried numerous workouts,read a lot Shuan Phillips work outs...but still only benching 175ibs.think i've reached as far as my body will let me go naturally.seem to spend half my life in the gym and the other in the kitchen. please let me know where i'm going wrong and what i can do..much appreciated.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You'll want to lay out your dietary outline to be critiqued.

~SC~

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    Could be a mental thing as well. I mean if you're hitting the weights like you say you are, you should at least be able to add 5 to 10 pounds on your last rep every couple of weeks. Are you forcing yourself to up the weights? Add weight to your normal routine, change it up. Say you're gonna add 5 pounds next week on your curls, and you are going to do it 8 reps. Get a spotter, and don't stop at 5, get a little help until you bust out all 8.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    i'm willing to bet that what you think is "all the right foods" probably aren't or ur just not getting sufficient amounts of them if you eat enough kcals ur bodyhas no choice but to grow imo

Aboot is offline Banned
    I concur with the above. Lay out your diet plan and work out and let us critque.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Get a spotter and just do force reps at the end of each of your sets. Leave nothing for the next set basically.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I am sensing he does not have a solid diet plan in place..."all the right foods"...please share with us your idea of all the right foods etc....

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You have to have that down before you concern yourself w/anything you do in the gym in regards to training styles/spotters/etc. You could be grossly over-training and severely under-eating. My guess......

~SC~

Thread Information