The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

New to these boards...I've got a couple of questions...

Hey whatsup guys,

I'm a new member here, but I've been browsing these boards, along with the boards at John Stone's website, for a while in order to formulate a good cutting plan. Here is what I've noticed a member by the name of "Slizzut" (I love that friggin name ) constantly chimes the following (I actually am very interested in his thinking/technique):

"Diet and cardio are the 2 most important elements to shedding body fat. Its important that when you decide to start cutting you do cardio 5-7 days a week, in the morning on an empty stomach for 45-60 minutes. Your heart rate should remaind between 60-70%.

On Cardio/Lifting days diet goes as follows:

General Guidelines to follow:
    -Get plenty of sleep
    -Drink at least 1.5 gallons of water a day
    -Don't combine fat/carbs
    -Don't eat protein alone
    -Don't have carbs before bed
    -Have protein shakes with water
    -Don't have sugars

*Before Cardio Take Glutamine
    **Take your ECA/ECY/Thermo now if you choose to do so

Cardio 45-60mins

m1(approx 30-40 mins after cardio):
    Pro/Fat: 1 6-8oz piece of lean meat or egg whites/1oz almonds(usually 28 almonds). Thats about 50g of protein/15g of fat.

m2:Pro/Fat Lean Meat, 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter. Approx. 50g of protein and 15g of fat.

m3: Pro/Fat 2 Scoops of whey and 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil. Approx. 50g of Protein and 15g of fat.

-workout-

m4(PWO): 1 scoop of whey, 1/3 cup of dextrose. Approx. 25g protein/50g carb

m5(PPWO): 6-8oz Lean Meat(NOT STEAK OR SALMON), and half a cup of brown rice. Approx 50 protein/35carb

m6(before bed): 2 scoops whey, 1 teaspoon glutamine powder, 1 tablespoon of flaxseed oil.

Cardio Only Days (Follow the food outline from above for your sources of EFA's(essential fatty acids) and protein:

Cardio 45-60mins
    m1: Pro/Fat
    m2: Pro/Fat
    m3: Pro/Fat (optional Pro/Carb)
    m4: Pro/Fat
    m5: Pro/Fat

Lifting Only Days:

m1: Pro/Fat
    m2: Pro/Fat
    m3: Pro/Fat
    -Workout-
    m4(PWO): Pro/Dex
    m5(PPWO): Pro/Carb
    m6: Pro/Fat

Your source of protein can be chicken, tuna, lean ground beef, turkey or egg whites(eggs). Steak and salmon can also be used but not in PPWO meal.

Cheat one meal, once a week don’t overdue it."

Here are some quick stats:
    5'8"
    171 lbs
    no clue about my body fat percentage (if it helps any, the top of my abs and obliques are beginning to show)

I have some questions.

1.So you're saying I shouldn't mix fats and carbs even if the carbs are good carbs and the fats are good fats? I've actually heard and seen pictures of those who were cutting and continue to cut and look absolutely ripped while actually taking in good fats and low GI carbs. Actually one of my favorite meals happen to be a breakfast of 2 cups of oatmeal, 1/4 cup of raisins, 1/4 cup of walnuts.

2.Are there any other times I can eat carbs during the day on my lifting/cardio days because the carb intake doesn't seem like enough? I fear that my energy level will die out too quick.

3.How much should I limit carbs on my off days (where I do no lifting or cardio)?

4.Is glutamine even necessary. My only supps are a multivitamin (GNC mega man), ATW whey isolate protein powder, and dextrose (for my pwo shake).

I work from about 8am-6pm so I perform my cardio at around 530 in the morning (65-75% mhr 45-60 mins) and I lift at around 630ish in the evening. I usually have my pwo (dex and whey) at around 730/745ish. My ppwo (lean protein, veggies, and brown rice/sweet potatoes) is usually eaten around 900/915ish. I usually try to go to bed at around 11pm. Sometimes if I'm hungry before I sleep, I'll have a shake consisting of 25g whey/1 tblsp of chunky pb (fats to slow down the whey).

Perhaps you can help me in answering some of the questions and structuring my meals based on my schedule. I know that this may be asking a lot, so if you can't help me out, I'd appreciate some sort of response (like "nope, I can't help ya, bruh"), hahahahaha. Thanks again, man.

Thanks for your helps, guys (and girls). Very much appreciated

AustrianOAK14 is offline Senior Member
    that is correct young man looks good bro

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustrianOAK14
    that is correct young man looks good bro
    Thanks for the quick reply, bro. You think you can answer any of my questions?

capone_22 is offline Junior Member
    Hope that helps man Hey man, i've answered in bold

Quote Originally Posted by The Dynasty
    Hey whatsup guys,

I have some questions.

1.So you're saying I shouldn't mix fats and carbs even if the carbs are good carbs and the fats are good fats? I've actually heard and seen pictures of those who were cutting and continue to cut and look absolutely ripped while actually taking in good fats and low GI carbs. Actually one of my favorite meals happen to be a breakfast of 2 cups of oatmeal, 1/4 cup of raisins, 1/4 cup of walnuts.
    There's not only one way of cutting. I also know some who combine carbs and fat in the same meal on cutting diets. Totally possible, but you would have to change you approach to training, specifically with the cardio. At 60%-70%, your primary source of fuel would be fat. Bumping the intensity, utilizes more carbs as fuel in combination with fat. But then you got to think about whether to still do cardio on an empty stomach cause you may start burning muscle at higher intensities.

2.Are there any other times I can eat carbs during the day on my lifting/cardio days because the carb intake doesn't seem like enough? I fear that my energy level will die out too quick.
    I would probably say, an hour or so before training have a serving to help you get through the workout, or maybe in the first meal, substituing the carbs for the fat. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable bros could help you out on this one.

3.How much should I limit carbs on my off days (where I do no lifting or cardio)?
    Again help from the GURU's! I would suggest no carbs to carbs in one meal only. Probably in your first meal to kick start your metabolism.

4.Is glutamine even necessary. My only supps are a multivitamin (GNC mega man), ATW whey isolate protein powder, and dextrose (for my pwo shake).
    I find glutamine very useful especially during cutting when your on a reduced calorie diet. I am sure you did your homework on glutamine already in that it helps prevent catabolism with it's muscle sparing effects and all... I take it before cardio on an empty stomach to help prevent muscle loss, just in case, during the cardio session.

I work from about 8am-6pm so I perform my cardio at around 530 in the morning (65-75% mhr 45-60 mins) and I lift at around 630ish in the evening. I usually have my pwo (dex and whey) at around 730/745ish. My ppwo (lean protein, veggies, and brown rice/sweet potatoes) is usually eaten around 900/915ish. I usually try to go to bed at around 11pm. Sometimes if I'm hungry before I sleep, I'll have a shake consisting of 25g whey/1 tblsp of chunky pb (fats to slow down the whey).

Perhaps you can help me in answering some of the questions and structuring my meals based on my schedule. I know that this may be asking a lot, so if you can't help me out, I'd appreciate some sort of response (like "nope, I can't help ya, bruh"), hahahahaha. Thanks again, man.

Thanks for your helps, guys (and girls). Very much appreciated
    Hope that helps man!

Thread Information