xenithon is offline Member

Cheating & Leptin Question

Hi All,

With recent discussions about cheating I have a question aimed at those more researched/knowledgable on the topic. I cannot seem to find answers relating to this question through searches.

We know that a 'cheat' is done in order to boost leptin levels and bring about the associated benefits. For example, having a snickers bar, or a bigmac (one cheat meal, just once a week). Time and time again I have read how some people swear by it, some people say its useless. Now there is the emergence of a different approach - make the cheat be high carb/high cal but from healthy food. For example half a kilo of oats with sugar free syrup, or six snadwhiched with multigrain bread and grilled turkey etc. This is another form of cheat which in many instances can have caloric value even more than a junkfood cheat. However, will the boost to leptin levels be the same? Or will it just be a shock to the system to keep it guessing and raise metabolism?

The question plain and simply - do you get the same mental (and physical??) benefits from the two different types of cheating, or what are the difference between them psychologically and physiologically?

Cheers!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Psycologically I get the same jollies from a healthier cheat meal (using oats, wheat bread, fat/sugar free ice cream) than if i used snickers and pizza...now every once in a while i will definitely have some of the real bad sh*t, but then usually regret it between the mental and physical (on the sh*tter for three days strate ) effect. After dieting for 8 weeks with no cheats i can say that my outlook is different on dieting and I like being healthy even on cheat days and it still is mentally do able.

xenithon is offline Member
    Thanks for the info. I also felt really sh*t - for the past few weeks I have been having hamburgers, greasy schwarma's etc. Today I had a clean cheat of a big bowl of pasta with chargrilled chicken in a tomato and basil sauce, and some extra baked chicken breast just to get some extra protein I feel less guilty, and a helluva lot less bloated than when eating junk.

Thread Information