needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

I wanna cut..help

Ok here's the deal.. I want to do a cycle soon.. but right now I am close to 250 pounds.. so I need to drop down to around 220 which will lean me out nicely.. I am going to get some Clen and was going to aim for 30-45 min of cardio 3-4 times a week and make my workout routine more intense consisting of 10-12 reps and lower rests... now the diet part it where I have trouble.. what amout of carbs should I take in daily? thats my biggest concern.. I am a tool when it comes to dieting! Please enlighten me lol

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Read the cutting sticky. I would follow the Katch-McArdle Formula for daily caloric needs as it factors in your LBM. However, all formulas are estimates and should be highly individualized.

the cutting sticky's cool.. but to me that sounds like a LOT of carbs.. everyone around here is saying like 75-100 g's MAX

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Then plan out your own approach brutha.

If it sounds good, do it.

If it sounds bad, don't.

I can tell you that it's NOT a lot of carbs at all, and the term "LOT" is relative to what your idea of "LOT" is. As well, each person's needs (as amounts differ for everyone) are never the same, and t's WHERE those "LOTS" of carbs are placed that is key, as there is a method to the madness so to speak. There are benefits to "LOTS" of carbs, when they are the right type/amount, and are placed at key times.

Again, if it doesn't appeal to you, I am sure you can find another approach.

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 10-12-2004 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    the cutting sticky's cool.. but to me that sounds like a LOT of carbs.. everyone around here is saying like 75-100 g's MAX
    Who is everyone?

~SC~

all the guys from my gym.. one is a bodybuilder who competes so he does know how to lean up.. Swole help a brutha.. im like a chinese person learning to drive in North America when it comes to diet lol.. no offence meant.. I have a problem eatin, i dont eat enough... but I think I eat too little carbs as it is..so I dunno.. and what u mean about where u place the carbs? thanx

Mass Quest is offline Associate Member
    post your diet up so we can see what its like.

Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    all the guys from my gym.. one is a bodybuilder who competes so he does know how to lean up.
    If that's the case, then why doesn't he help you? I believe that's the best scenario, especially since he knows what he is talking about.

You can then present that professional/impeccable dietary cutting approach "fileld to the brim" with carbs, here for critique by all.

(brim reference for old schoolers here who remember that)

Chop chop! Better get on it!

~SC~

fritz2435 is offline Member
    40g carbs in first meal, 75-80g PWO, 40g PPWO = 160g. Where do you get 75-100g? Trust me, at 250 lbs, 160g carbs is NOT alot!

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    If that's the case, then why doesn't he help you? I believe that's the best scenario, especially since he knows what he is talking about.

You can then present that professional/impeccable dietary cutting approach "fileld to the brim" with carbs, here for critique by all.

(brim reference for old schoolers here who remember that)

Chop chop! Better get on it!

~SC~
    That's what I was planning on doing.. went to see him tonight wasnt there.. Ill get it when I have a chance if that's allright.. Brim? i was gonna say wtf lol

Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    40g carbs in first meal, 75-80g PWO, 40g PPWO = 160g. Where do you get 75-100g? Trust me, at 250 lbs, 160g carbs is NOT alot!
    Wasnt reffering to the Sticky diet.. I said that other people have said no more 100g's of carbs. but I agree.. I still need to function throughout the day and have some strength to lift

You need to remember you are 250 lbs.

It may not be all lean mass, but it's quite a bit of lean mass.

You can use a good deal of carbs, at least in the initial stages.

Cut 'em too low too fast, and you'll really be feelin' your username!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You need to remember you are 250 lbs.

It may not be all lean mass, but it's quite a bit of lean mass.

You can use a good deal of carbs, at least in the initial stages.

Cut 'em too low too fast, and you'll really be feelin' your username!

~SC~
    Lol beautiful.. yea man.. that my thing like I would like to not lose ALL of my strength etc.. i thought to myself 100g's is a tad low.. and I mean im not cutting for a comp.. so its not fat I want to gain back.. if I can hit 220 lean then cycle up and stay lean.. thatd be prime

Thread Information