Thread: After AM Cardio

xenithon is offline Member

After AM Cardio

Hi There,

Just want to check something about post cardio nutrition. On off days when I do cardio in the AM first thing, it takes around 45 minutes to get home shower and prepare breakfast. I know I shouldn't come home and immediately have the P/C meal due to it blunting lipolysis. The meal is currently eggwhites and oats. Should I substitute this with something like eggs, 2-3 whole, with olive\flax oil (ie. change to P/F) which will be consumed around 20 minutes after the cardio (15 minutes to get home, 5-10 minutes to prepare). Any one preferred over the other?

Thanks,
    X
    Last edited by xenithon; 10-13-2004 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Title alteration

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by xenithon
    Hi There,

Just want to check something about post cardio nutrition. On off days when I do cardio in the AM first thing, it takes around 45 minutes to get home shower and prepare breakfast. I know I shouldn't come home and immediately have the P/C meal due to it blunting lipolysis. The meal is currently eggwhites and oats. Should I substitute this with something like eggs, 2-3 whole, with olive\flax oil (ie. change to P/F) which will be consumed around 20 minutes after the cardio (15 minutes to get home, 5-10 minutes to prepare). Any one preferred over the other?

Thanks,
    X

Depending on how lean you are, I would say the 45 minutes and then Oats / Whites is fine. But if you already pretty lean, you should probably go with a pro/fat meal 20 minutes later, however I don't know about 2-3 whole eggs as well as olive oil. That is a lot of fat for one meal, try 1 whole egg w/ whites and olive oil instead. That should be a more feasable fat # for your meal. Good luck

xenithon is offline Member
    Thanks, I will give it a go. I was doing it according to calories - I would normally have around 70g oats which is around 200cals. Now 3 egg yolks and a teaspoon of olive oil is around 20g fat which is around 200cals too (even a bit less).

Cheers,
    X

fritz2435 is offline Member
    If you are cutting, definitely go with the pro/fat meal. 40g pro 15-20g fat. If you're bulking, it doesn't really matter pro/fat or pro/carb, as you're just eating to get big.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    even during my leanest times...right now...i have eaten oats for breakfast and still have managed to lose fat without sacrificing muscle...so i think that you'll be fine...everyone is different though.

Thread Information