The Dynasty is offline Junior Member

How many grams of protein...???

Hey whatsup guys and girls,

I have a question for you. Before I ask, though, lemme give you guys a quick background.

I'm currently in the process of cutting up, but I really haven't been counting up my kcals as strictly as I should, but based on "the cutting primer" and random "kcal audits", I realized that my caloric intake is always around 1800-2200 (I'm currently at 168lbs, 5'8").

Per the advice of many of you guys at this board and John Stone's boards--especially Reverand Swolecat (no disprespect, bro--you're the man, and I value your advice because you back it up with science)--I've become a lot less afraid of carbs. What's key is that I work my carbs around my workout--ESPECIALLY pwo (dex) and ppwo (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, or sweet potatoes along with veggies). On my off days, though, I exclude the dex (obviously) and eat a cup of oats in the morning, along with a half banana and a scoop of whey. The other meals that I use carbs is lunch (lean protein and veggies/salad) and dinner, which basically is my ppwo meal.

So here are the questions:

1.Should I exclude the carbs from my off days?
    2.Am I correct in focusing all of my carb intake on my pwo and ppwo during my cardio/lifting days?
    3.Is a lunch of a lean protein and veggies enough for a meal? Also, if I want to eat a salad (baby spinach, olives, red onions, broccoli, and tomatoes) with my chicken breast during lunch, is it ok if i drizzle some olive oil on it for my efa's--I know that's mixing fats with carbs, but I noticed that some of you guys actually did that.

***Big question: How much protein for my weight (168lbs) and height (5'8") and goal (cutting) should I be downing each meal and how many meals should I be eating during the day?

Thanks for all your help. Feel free to ask me to elaborate on some things if you need more information. Peace.
    Last edited by The Dynasty; 10-13-2004 at 02:58 PM.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hey there bro!

For your questons, check the cutting sticky atop the page, as that will address all that you have asked and more. (Harris Benedict formula also for figuring your approximate Kcal amounts)

In addition, I appreciate the shout out about my help indeed. However, this addressing of public posts to one person usually negates postings by others, as they view that as a sign of disrespect. Such has been the case in the past, so it's just some 411.

Good luck!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Hey there bro!

For your questons, check the cutting sticky atop the page, as that will address all that you have asked and more. (Harris Benedict formula also for figuring your approximate Kcal amounts)

In addition, I appreciate the shout out about my help indeed. However, this addressing of public posts to one person usually negates postings by others, as they view that as a sign of disrespect. Such has been the case in the past, so it's just some 411.

Good luck!

~SC~
    Wow, quick response, bro--I can't complain about that at all

Thanks for the heads up about the thread titles--lesson learned.

Thanks again for the quick response. I'm actually considering investing in your program, even though through your help in these forums, i've already learned a lot about the human body and how it responds to certain stimuli. If it wasn't for guys like you, my ex-girlfriend wouldnt have had her draw drop open in astonishment (and horniness ) when she first saw me after only one month of cutting.

Thanks again bro, you and the rest of these guys, rock. I'm doing a six-month internship right now, but I'll be back in school at the beginning of next year. Now that I'm single, I wanna make sure when I step on campus, theyre gonna see this black man and recognize that he's "Swole" Brotha #1 (I know--very corny--I can feel the flames already, hahaha)

Peace.

palumbo is offline Member
    where do u find the hb formula

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Do a search

fritz2435 is offline Member

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    1.5-1.8 grams per lb of bodyweight is a good starting point for preserving lean muscle mass. At 168lbs, I would start you off at 275 grams of protein a day split up into six (6) meals. 25 grams of protein in your pwo shake and 50 grams of protein in other 5 meals.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Very cool bro!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by The Dynasty
    Wow, quick response, bro--I can't complain about that at all

Thanks for the heads up about the thread titles--lesson learned.

Thanks again for the quick response. I'm actually considering investing in your program, even though through your help in these forums, i've already learned a lot about the human body and how it responds to certain stimuli. If it wasn't for guys like you, my ex-girlfriend wouldnt have had her draw drop open in astonishment (and horniness ) when she first saw me after only one month of cutting.

Thanks again bro, you and the rest of these guys, rock. I'm doing a six-month internship right now, but I'll be back in school at the beginning of next year. Now that I'm single, I wanna make sure when I step on campus, theyre gonna see this black man and recognize that he's "Swole" Brotha #1 (I know--very corny--I can feel the flames already, hahaha)

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    1.5-1.8 grams per lb of bodyweight is a good starting point for preserving lean muscle mass. At 168lbs, I would start you off at 275 grams of protein a day split up into six (6) meals. 25 grams of protein in your pwo shake and 50 grams of protein in other 5 meals.
    Thanks for the heads up bro. I really have to purchase some chicken breast asap. Cuz those easily bang out like 44 grams of protein. Right now, I'm supplementing a lot with whey and its tough to get that much in eggs and even tuna. Oh well. Thanks again for the advice bro--very much appreciated.

Thread Information