Thread: Ramadan

GenX is offline Junior Member

Ramadan

Hey guys,

I start fasting at the end of the week, an suggestion on how to best diet while fasting... I cant eat from sunrise to sunset (6am to 6 pm). I know with atkins or high fat diets you dont have to eat regular.

Also once its over how do i jump start my metoblism.

GenX

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Try a search as someone got a plethora of replies to this same issue in a thread here a few weeks back.

~SC~

ToJuice,OrNotToJuice is offline Associate Member
    Good luck with that, sorry I can't help, some of my buddies do that for I think one month out of the year.

sendmygear is offline Banned
    happy ramadan,
    try to get the protein that u need in 3 meals or 4 if you can do that after (laftour) if you can't eat much food take shake protein to replace your meals.
    i hope that help you a little.

diesel21 is offline Member
    don't go too crazy and worry, if you have been doing everything right uptill now, it really shouldn't effect you........ i went 2 days w/ no water, food, yeah it sucked... but all my measurements were the same...... weight came back instantly........

Quote Originally Posted by GenX
    Hey guys,

I start fasting at the end of the week, an suggestion on how to best diet while fasting... I cant eat from sunrise to sunset (6am to 6 pm). I know with atkins or high fat diets you dont have to eat regular.

Also once its over how do i jump start my metoblism.

GenX
    heres the best dietONT FAST!!!

BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Do a keto diet so your body eats your fat for fuel. If at all possible, sleep from 6am-6pm

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UNNAMED-FEELING
    heres the best dietONT FAST!!!
    thanks for your educated and helpful reply.

GenX, fasting is tough, and obviously it's not optimal diet...but it's not about that. doing it takes dedication and belief, and i can respect the hell out of that.

my only advice is to not go crazy the second the sun sets. Don't all out pig-out just because you can - it is what your body will want, but the way that your metabolism will reset based on the day-long fast, you'll store as much as you can as fat -- try to get in the nutrients you need as best you can -- and make sure you're up before sunrise to eat breakfast -- my roommate wakes up ED at 4:00am (i believe) to get something in him, then he goes back to bed until it's time to get ready and leave.

and like SC said...there's been a few posts on this - he said there was one a few weeks back, and i seem to recall one from last year's ramadan about the same thing.

good luck man.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP85
    Do a keto diet so your body eats your fat for fuel. If at all possible, sleep from 6am-6pm

LOL! Don't you think maybe he has a life? a job?

Thread Information