Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223

    Any place for fructose post slin shot?

    OK, I may be way off on this theory so if I'm being dumb just let me know - don't hold back Swole, let me have it!

    So fructose gets stored as liver glycogen right? Which if blood glucose drops low enough is released from the liver to restore healthy BG levels, right? So would eating an apple, along with all the other relevent meals after administering a slin shot, boost liver glycogen so that if BG started to drop the liver could release the glycogen and help prevent going hypo?

    Like I said, just a theory, but seriously if I'm wrong don't just slam me, please explain which part I've not understood properly.

    Thanks guys,

    NotSmall.

  2. #2
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    You'd get better replies in the IGF, GH, and INSULIN Forum

  3. #3
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Well LMO surely it could be in either, I weighed it up and decided it was more of a dietary question.

  4. #4
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Wrong forum. (You weighed it up wrong)

    I also don't advise on any exogenous slin techniques, but will tell you that fructose has nothing to do with exogenous insulin use, and you're going to kill yourself unless you become educated in the appropriate forum.

    ~SC~

  5. #5
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Wrong forum. (You weighed it up wrong)

    I also don't advise on any exogenous slin techniques, but will tell you that fructose has nothing to do with exogenous insulin use, and you're going to kill yourself unless you become educated in the appropriate forum.

    ~SC~
    Ha ha, OK my bad.

    Can you at least tell me if I have understood the mechanics of liver glycogen correctly, if not please enlighten me.

    I wasn't intending on relying on fructose to prevent going hypo, just as a 'buffer'. Don't worry I have done loads of research before finally deciding on trying slin its not something I take lightly.

    NotSmall.

  6. #6
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    I guess you have to have a green or blue title before your advice will be taken, even if it is that a post is in the wrong forum


    Either way, like I said before post this up in the proper forum and you will get tons of replies. And if you read Swole's signature, it clearly says he does not promote the use of AAS or Illegal substances, which I know for a fact includes Insulin . So you might want to take the advice of both of us and post it there.

  7. #7
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I guess you have to have a green or blue title before your advice will be taken, even if it is that a post is in the wrong forum


    Either way, like I said before post this up in the proper forum and you will get tons of replies. And if you read Swole's signature, it clearly says he does not promote the use of AAS or Illegal substances, which I know for a fact includes Insulin. So you might want to take the advice of both of us and post it there.
    Oh dear, is someone feeling ignored?
    So do you have any information for me or did you just call to say 'I told you so.'
    I still feel that it is a dietary question and you could quite easily advise me (if you know the answer) on whether or not my understanding of how fructose is stored as liver glycogen and if it is released when BG runs low is correct.
    I'm not asking anyone to advise on whether or not to take the slin, I am a big boy and I can make that decision for myself.

  8. #8
    Hypertrophy's Avatar
    Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Getting Fat
    Posts
    1,446
    No, I don't think so. Reason being is that liver glycogen supply decreases with "prolonged exercise." Gluconeogenesis can only supply glucose at a rate of
    .2-.4 g/min and muscles can consume at a rate of 1-2 g/min. Therefore, hypoglycemia is a possibility. W/ regards to slin, the body is ingeniously created and I would not mess with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

  9. #9
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Hypertrophy - Thanks for actually answering my question, it really was just a shot in the dark.

  10. #10
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Fructose will boost BG levels post slin. That's why diabetics down orange juice when they go hypo, it does an excellent job. However, as you are trying to gain muscle (I assume) it would be more conducive to your program to eat a meal that contained glucose, in order to replenish the gylcogen stores in you muscles, and simultaneously boost BG levels.

  11. #11
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Hypertrophy - Thanks for actually answering my question, it really was just a shot in the dark.
    That didn't really answer your question at all .

    No offense to hypertrophy, there might have been a misundestanding.

  12. #12
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Fructose will boost BG levels post slin. That's why diabetics down orange juice when they go hypo, it does an excellent job. However, as you are trying to gain muscle (I assume) it would be more conducive to your program to eat a meal that contained glucose, in order to replenish the gylcogen stores in you muscles, and simultaneously boost BG levels.
    Thanks rambo, I'll stick to dex.

    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    That didn't really answer your question at all .

    No offense to hypertrophy, there might have been a misundestanding.
    I know it didn't but I thanked him anyway as, at that point, he was the only person who showed any interest in helping me.

  13. #13
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    he was the only person who showed any interest in helping me.
    I told you that you'd receive better answers to your question in the supplement forum, as that is more PERTINENT to your situation.


    ~SC~

  14. #14
    eggplant's Avatar
    eggplant is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    with metal plates...
    Posts
    646
    i love your gold tooth swoley!

  15. #15
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I told you that you'd receive better answers to your question in the supplement forum, as that is more PERTINENT to your situation.


    ~SC~
    WOW, thanks Swole, I've never won anything before!

  16. #16
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I told you that you'd receive better answers to your question in the supplement forum, as that is more PERTINENT to your situation.


    ~SC~

    Last edited by LeanMeOut; 10-15-2004 at 12:18 PM.

  17. #17
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Easily amused aren't you?

  18. #18
    rambo's Avatar
    rambo is offline The Lord God
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    BURNING THE CAPE
    Posts
    3,035
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    i love your gold tooth swoley!
    Swole's got a gold tooth?

  19. #19
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Easily amused aren't you?


    If you have a problem bro then take it to PM's, otherwise STFU

  20. #20
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by eggplant
    i love your gold tooth swoley!
    Wrong forum!

    (Only kidding bro, couldn't resist. )

  21. #21
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    If you have a problem bro then take it to PM's, otherwise STFU

    Relax toughguy, I was only kidding, jeez lighten up!

  22. #22
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall

    Relax toughguy, I was only kidding, jeez lighten up!


    Cool bro, all good.




    But Swole what's up w/ this gold tooth stuff

  23. #23
    NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    Cool bro, all good.
    Phew, I'm fairly new to all this message board stuff but I'm presuming 'take it to PM's' is the internet geek equivelent of 'taking it outside.'

  24. #24
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Phew, I'm fairly new to all this message board stuff but I'm presuming 'take it to PM's' is the internet geek equivelent of 'taking it outside.'


    Your really not scoring any points here lol............take it to PM's means take it to Private Messages.....meaning send me a private message and we will discuss it privately instead of acting like children on open board. Just for future refference

  25. #25
    Hypertrophy's Avatar
    Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Getting Fat
    Posts
    1,446
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    No offense to hypertrophy, there might have been a misundestanding.
    True, I am still trying to find the corner in a round room!

  26. #26
    eggplant's Avatar
    eggplant is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    with metal plates...
    Posts
    646
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Swole's got a gold tooth?

    didn't you guys noticed his gold tooth smiley?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •